International Volunteer HQ Header Image International Volunteer HQ Header Image

Volunteer in Childcare in Peru - Cusco

My Peru Experience

Going to Peru was such a treasure. I went in with a mind full of curiosity. I had no time to panic or question what I was about to get myself into. But everything was so beyond great.
Once I got off my plane, I saw my name on a sign stating it was for IVHQ. That's how I knew from the start that I was going to be okay. When I met the staff and the other volunteers, I knew I was in a good place. Everyone was so enduring and so incredibly helpful. It made my trip a lot more easier!
I stayed for one week. It was my first trip out for IVHQ so I thought a week was enough to test the waters. But the waters were perfectly fine to me. I was so close to postponing my flight so that I could stay much longer but I had prior obligations at home waiting for me. I told all of my friends and family that my next trip with IVHQ is definitely going to last for a month or more. This was such a beautiful experience. Your heart grows more because you're not just on vacation. You're doing something good for humanity. You're meeting people from all over the world. You're widening your horizons with food, places, and people. It'll change your life for the better... It's been 2 weeks since I came back and i'm already planning for my next trip!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review March 10, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Hi Victoria, It’s great to hear that you had such a rewarding experience volunteering in Peru - Cusco. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We look forward to welcoming you back on another IVHQ program again soon.