International Volunteer HQhttp://www.volunteerhq.org/volunteer-in-gu...
Level 6 62 Gill Street New Plymouth, Taranaki 4342 New Zealand
1-2 weeks, 2-4 weeks, 3-6 months (includes high school academic semester abroad), 5-8 weeks, 9-12 weeks
Typical Duration of Program
Starts on any Monday of each month
Culturally speaking, dogs and cats in Latin America are not looked upon as integral members of the family the way they are in more developed countries. This often this leads to neglect , with animals being abandoned on the streets.
The projects we work with protect these animals and provide human company, medical treatment, and playtime for the animals. They also lead educational programs in local schools, incorporate spay/neuter programs, hold rabies vaccination clinics, and organise fund-raising events.
Volunteers' responsibilities can include bathing and brushing the animals, providing basic obedience training, cleaning cages, and walking and playing with them. Small construction projects like building dogs runs and creating fences along with photography and fund raising are also activities that volunteers can be involved with.
This project is great for any animal lover, or animal behaviour specialist. Veterinarians and students studying to be Veterinarians are also encouraged to volunteer on this program.
Please note that his program has a minimum duration requirement of 2 weeks, and a surcharge of USD 5 will be included in the quoted program fee when you apply online.
10 Great Reasons to choose IVHQ for your volunteering experiences:
* Affordability - Low program fees which focus on getting more and more people to volunteer abroad and help those in need!
* Flexibility - We work with you to arrange your trip!
* Quality - High quality programs and great feedback from past volunteers! 5000 volunteers annually cannot be wrong!
* Support - Dedicated IVHQ volunteer abroad program coordinator to help your arrange your trip!
* Safety - All locations and accommodation, vetted by IVHQ staff!
* Friendship - Over 5000 volunteers annually meaning you will meet lots of volunteers to volunteer and socialize with!
* Need - Hundreds of projects around the world that need volunteers!
* Loyalty - Long term partnerships with communities meaning real change!
* Experience - Over 15000 volunteers placed around the world making us one of the world's most experienced organizations!
* Enjoyment - "The best experience of my life!" Thousands of volunteers say this to us every year - we are sure you will too!
There are no qualifications required for this volunteer program.
From USD 275!
Volunteers pay a registration fee of USD 249 which covers 24/7 support from IVHQ staff, program marketing costs, information pack, administration costs, travel costs to inspect programs and communication costs with volunteers.
They then pay a program fee, dependent on the duration of their volunteer program, which covers accommodation and meals during volunteer placement period, airport pick up, orientation, program supervision, In-country 24/7 volunteer support and In-country administration costs. Volunteers are responsible for their own flights, visas, travel insurance and vaccinations (where required).
The majority of our volunteers are aged between 18 and 30, but we do have many older volunteers participate on our programs (including 82 year olds!) and we welcome all volunteers regardless of their age.
18 and over
South African, Asian, Kiwi, Worldwide, American, European, Canadian and Australian Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Independently or in Groups
Independently or in Groups of between 2 and 20
International Volunteer HQ aims to provide volunteers with quality, flexible, safe and highly affordable volunteering placements in developing countries. In addition to providing aid and assistance to these countries, International Volunteer HQ endeavors to increase education and heighten awareness through not only the skills and expertise taken by volunteers to their host communities and institutions, but also through the experiences and lessons volunteers will in turn take back to their own countries and cultures.
I ended up working at an orphanage with children 18 months - 16 yrs old. This was an amazing experience and gave me a wonderful lesson on another way of life, culture, and country. It was very diff...More
Did you participate on a program with International Volunteer HQ?
Share your thoughts!