Volunteer in Animal Care/Animal Rights in Guatemala

Animal Care - Guatemala

The animal care project in Antigua, Guatemala was fantastic. I volunteered with Maximo Nivel through IVHQ. Both companies were supportive in integrating myself to Guatemala. All the staff I worked with were extremely helpful and improved my experience. I stayed in a volunteer house with 10-20 other volunteers. Everyone I met was amazing. We were in shared rooms with usually 2-3 other volunteers and provided with 3 meals per day.
Unidos Para Los Animales is an amazing organization run by very dedicated staff. It is a slice of heaven located about 20 minutes from Antigua. The dogs are all treated well and there is an emphasis on training dogs to find future homes, rather than just taking in as many dogs as possible and never finding them forever homes. It is very obvious the owners and staff work hard and it shows! Linda also tried to make our experience even more fulfilling by teaching us a lot about dogs and training as well as taking us to the finca and giving us an impromtu coffee tour. I feel very privileged to have been connected with this organization. My experience could not have been better.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review January 22, 2015 at 12:21 PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on our Animal Care and Animal Rights project in Guatemala. It’s great to hear you had such a fantastic volunteering abroad experience and we hope to have you volunteer with IVHQ again in the future.