Volunteer in a Kindergarten in Bali

New level of respect for teachers

This experience not only taught kindergarteners in Bali English, it, in turn taught me a whole lot of knowledge, including a whole other level of respect for teachers and I say that because it's not an easy task yet it is so rewarding to see the kids absorb all the information they're given, although what they're being taught may not be in their native tongue it's not hard to get them to comprehend the material, just a few pictures will do it. The program leaders helped immensly because they spoke an advanced enough English in order to help the kids understand you, and vice versa. I've got to say, I truly did have a blessed time in Bali. I feel humbled to have been able to volunteer my services to the children of Bali and I would love to continue going on missions of this type in the future. The feeling of accomplishment and pride felt is indescribable! Thank you IVHQ.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review July 12, 2015 at 9:27 PM

It’s great to hear from you! Thanks for sharing a little of your thoughts about your experience in Bali. We are glad that you were able to take so many positive things away from your volunteer experience. Thanks for sharing your photos as well.

You won't regret!

This is my first time volunteering abroad, traveling alone and experiencing such a wonderful 2 weeks.

Before this trip, I wondered if I was making a right decision. But my worries vanished as soon as I came to Bali and became one of the IVHQers. I didn’t expect too much since this was a volunteer trip. However, honestly speaking, the accommodation was way beyond my expectation. I lived in a house of Balinese style where you can shower every day. Also, everything is super easy for tourists. Neat mini markets, laundries and authorized money changers are almost everywhere. What’s more, the staffs are really nice and will help you with all sorts of problems.

The orientation week was fantastic. Unlike those normal tours, it gave me a great opportunity to have a better understanding of the genuine Balinese culture. As for the volunteering, you have plenty of time to prepare what to do and the local staffs will give you a hand when you have problems. It’s easy and flexible, so no worries.

Surely there is something that, you might feel, could be better, like the food provided for the volunteers. But, after all, this is a volunteer trip with a very reasonable price, we cannot expect “too much”. Just be open-minded and you will enjoy it!

Now, please let me tell you what you will get out of this volunteer trip. You will learn how to cooperate with people from other countries, harvest friendships transcending national boundaries, be surrounded by the local culture and have enough time to explore this amazing island.

Join IVHQ and come to Bali! You won’t regret, trust me.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review April 30, 2015 at 10:33 PM

Hi Yu, Thanks for sharing your thoughts on our Bali program. You have shared some really good advice for future volunteers which is great. Thanks for being an IVHQer! We hope to see you on another of our volunteer programs again in the future.

Volunteering with Green lion Bali

I volunteered with IVHQ/green lion Bali for four weeks and had a great time. The coordinators at green lion are very sweet and helpful, and I loved working with the kids at my kindergarten. When we first arrived at the school they spoke no English, making any communication difficult but we learned to adapt. I'm still having some issues extending my visa through green lion but other than that the experience has been amazing and I would defiantly recommend this program to anyone looking for an adventure.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review February 19, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Hi Marissa, Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your volunteer experience with IVHQ in Bali. We hope your visa extension went well. Thanks for volunteering with IVHQ!