International Volunteer HQ Header Image International Volunteer HQ Header Image

Volunteer and Teach in Uganda

The more you give, the more you get!

The time I spent in Uganda with V2U in February/March 2015 was (once again) a simply great experience for me. You gotta love the smaller organization and the friendly and thankful people around your area and in the country. I did the teaching programm and I was lucky that I could go to a school where I didn't simply replace a teacher and his work (which is unfortunately quite often the case), but I hat the opportunity to lead the class on my own, of course - if needed - with the help and advices of the other friendly teachers at the school. The programm in Uganda is a great place to be, I enjoyed it very much but as always, you have to remember, the volunteer programms are only as good as you want them to be, so be open minded, show some will to learn smth and share experiences and contribute something more than a "simple" service (helpful goods)!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review March 30, 2015 at 5:11 PM

Hi Jim, thanks for sharing your thoughts about your time volunteering on our Teaching project in Uganda. It’s great to to hear that you felt looked after by the team in Uganda and felt supported at your placement. Thanks for volunteering with IVHQ!