International Volunteer HQ Header Image International Volunteer HQ Header Image

Volunteer and Teach in Cambodia

The best experience of my life!!

I volunteered in Cambodia for 8 weeks teaching English.

I was fortunate enough to spend one month in Phnom Penh at a school of 500 children, taking a class of 40! And then the second month in Siem Reap teaching at a beautiful orphanage that housed 35 children aged between 8-18 :)

All the children are such sweet hearts who just want to learn, listen and get to know you! I was so so sad to leave all of the children that I worked with, but I aim to be back to visit them or even volunteer again soon!

The IVHQ team in New Zealand were very supportive and quick to answer any questions I had along the way, making the application process an ease.
The local team in Cambodia were also very accommodating and thorough, which made for a smooth transition into the volunteer house, the placements and just everyday life for us in this new country!

The accommodation was more than I expected! Very clean and tidy, big rooms each with own ensuite, massive beds, fridge/freezer available and there was a water filter system that proved very handy! Also I can't forget to mention the amazing local dishes that were prepared for us daily by the lovely cooks, we were very lucky!

I can't stop raving to friends and family about my amazing experience teaching in Cambodia!
And I will continue to highly recommend IVHQ to anyone slightly interest, especially this program and this beautiful country...

You've just got to go ahead and do it, you won't be disappointed!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review July 12, 2015 at 8:11 PM

Hi Jordan, It’s great to hear from you. Thanks for the positive review. It’s fantastic to hear that you felt supported by both IVHQ and our local team while in Cambodia. It seems like your volunteer experience in Cambodia was truly unforgettable and we are glad that we were able to facilitate this for you. We hope to see you back on another IVHQ trip soon. Great photos as well, thanks for sharing!