Volunteer and Teach English in Peru - Cusco

Make It Happen

IVHQ was very organized and allowed me to feel at ease while in Cusco, Peru. From day 1, I never felt lost since there was an overwhelming amount of support provided. This was my first time out of the country with my 3 best pals and along the way, I met many awesome people. We're actually planning our next outing together. It felt great teaching English and knowing you're making a difference, seeing as the students ask if I'll be present the next evening, or being greeted with firm handshakes, hugs, and kisses. I have grown a lot from this entire experience and have definitely realized I live in a luxurious world. I won't complain about the little things like I used to, since the little things are what made the locals smile, and now, those same little things make me smile. Now back home, my friends and I recount our stories and experiences countless times to our peers, which often end with a few tears. Through it all, I made some lifelong relationships, bettered an already awesome country, and cherished the very best views, inner reflections, laughs, and all-around fun. You shouldn't have to experience the world the way you were told, so don't think twice, make it happen, you won't regret it. I sure didn't. Peru, you stole my heart.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review July 09, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Hi Yanick, Thanks for volunteering with IVHQ in Peru - Cusco. It’s great that you chose to volunteer with your best mates, it sounds like you all had a really positive and memorable experience. Thanks for sharing a few photos, we also really enjoyed the video that Jérémy posted on YouTube (https://youtu.be/kSmmdp2yy5o). We hope to see you all back on another IVHQ program soon!