Volunteer and Coach Sports in Ghana

Amazing Ghana IVHQ purple program July 2016!!

My name is Carlos Arencibia Fernández, and it has only been a couple days since I came back from one of the greatest experiences that I have had during Summer abroad!! I took part in the Sports and Coaching Program offered by IVHQ In Ghana, specifically in Frankadua, and I have to say that it was great. The kids that me and the other volunteers had to train were always very energetic, even during the final exams week, and loved playing sports, especially Football/Soccer, but they also liked to try other things like basketball and volleyball. Apart from that I also got take part in some teaching activities, the organization is very flexible and makes it so you can try any other volunteering program that you wish. I also got to enjoy myself a lot during the weekends doing some very exciting trips around Ghana and getting to visit places like Cape Coast. I think the best part for me was getting to meet a great bunch of people in the form in the other volunteers. As a final remark I would like to give a big THANK YOU to every IVHQ member in Ghana that helped to make this such a wonderful experience, so that goes to: Edward, Benedict, Maggie, Evans, Joe, etc. It was an amazing experience that I would most definitely repeat and recommend to everyone!!!!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review October 11, 2016 at 5:26 PM

Hi Carlos, We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience on the program in Ghana! We are glad that we could facilitate your trip and you certainly made the most of it by exploring Ghana, getting to know your IVHQ family, and getting stuck into the coaching and teaching volunteer work. Thanks for your recommendation and we would love to have you join IVHQ again in the future!

Sports coaching volunteer

A very enjoyable volunteer experience. Frankadua had a lovely community and the children their really appreciate your present. It was particularly rewarding delivering PE sessions to the school children who didn't participate in a variety of sports, where football was most popular. Unfortunately I was only there for a short period of time so my help was not particularly wanted with regards to the football sessions, the coaches in Ghana do like to lead the sessions, but I may have had a different experience if I was there for longer.
Overall, it was one of the best times of my life, very affordable and the people I volunteered with and the people of Frankadua were extremely welcoming and friendly.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 21, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Hi Hetty, We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable volunteer experience in Ghana! It is great that you were able to take a rewarding PE session with the students and we will follow up with the local team to see if there can be more opportunities like this for the shorter-term volunteers. Thanks for your feedback and for being an IVHQer!