International Volunteer HQ Header Image International Volunteer HQ Header Image

One Week Volunteer Experience in Brazil

Best decision I ever made!

My one week experience volunteering with IVHQ/ Jive in Rio De Janeiro was amazing! It was super affordable and the fees included breakfast, a translator/tour guide etc. I even made some new friends who I still keep in contact with now.

The culture of Brazil is so beautiful. It is the perfect blend of some many things, I felt a deep connection to the people and their traditions.
The landscape of Rio was breathtaking; the highlands, mountains, hills, ocean, all so beautiful!

Everyone in Rio welcomed me with open arms and I felt totally at home and comfortable.
Each morning in the volunteer house we ate breakfast as a family and talked about our plans/assignments for the day. My favorite part of my one week Rio experience was the food; Acai bowls, pon de queijo, rice and beans, and cassava cake were just a few of my favorites.
We worked from about 9am-4pm everyday...the rest of the time was free time to explore and really get a feel for the amazing city.
I would highly recommend this trip to anyone looking to grow and expand their knowledge about other cultures or people who are different from them. In this day and age it is imperative you learn about people who are different than you and other cultures because it helps expand your perspective and gives you a much more holistic view of the world.
I will forever LOVE Rio, and I plan on visiting again!