International Volunteer HQ Header Image International Volunteer HQ Header Image

Incredible Volunteering in Mexico: Costs from USD 270

Volunteer in Mexico

During my 4 weeks in Mexico, I was able to do everything from working with children to monitoring, working at an animal shelter, doing environmental research, and even studying jaguars in the jungle. I had a hard time deciding what kind of program I wanted to commit to, so I loved the flexibility. The great this about Merida is that you have the opportunity to do meaningful work as a volunteer, at at the end of the day you can be a tourist too. On weekends you can plan trips to see some of the beautiful things the Yucatan has to offer (Mayan ruins, cenotes, downtown market, etc). I also couldn't have asked for a better program coordinator and host. Everyone was so accommodating and kind. I highly recommend this program to any future volunteers.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review September 29, 2015 at 11:23 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. It's great to hear that your 4 weeks volunteering and your travel while in Mexico was such a positive experience. We hope to see you on another IVHQ program in the future.