Incredible Volunteering in Guatemala: Costs from USD 275

Cannot recommend highly enough

I was fortunate to have been able to volunteer with IVHQ twice - once in Costa Rica with a sea turtle conservation program and another in Guatemala with their medical campaigns. Those three weeks were some of the best of my life. The volunteer placements are incredible, and I met so many inspirational people, both from the local communities we worked with as well as fellow volunteers. My experience was honestly only positive - I was a little doubtful for both how much me being there was actually going to help. In both cases, it was clear volunteers played an integral role in the success of their programs, but I also realized that I gained so much more from than the experience than I could ever hope to accomplish in a week or two. It helped me reevaluate my priorities in life, and I honestly will never forget the people I met through our work. If you're even considering volunteering with IVHQ, just do it!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review March 30, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Hi Erik. It's awesome to read that you enjoyed your time volunteering with us in Guatemala and Costa Rica. Thanks for the recommendation. We hope to have you on another of our programs soon.

Great for Solo girls travelling alone.

I travelled by myself to Guatemala but during my stay I've met an amazing amount of people. I travelled across the boarder to El Salvador with another girl I met in Guatemala who also travelled to GUA alone. I really enjoyed my time with IVHQ in Guatemala. The only thing I kinda regret which was my fault was choosing homestay. While the family I stayed with was wonderful, I could have meet more fellow IVHQers had I stayed in the dormitory. But the honestly was nice as I only had to share a room with one other girl. And no fighting for the shower since it was just the two of us in the homestay. Antigua, Guatemala is small enough to travel around where you don't feel unsafe(just use caution and common sense). I will definitely be using IVHQ again in the future!!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review October 02, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Thank you for sharing a brief summary of your experience volunteering in Guatemala with IVHQ. We look forward to you volunteering with us again in the future.