Affordable Volunteer Abroad Programs: from USD 10 per day

Palawan Paradise

As I landed on Palawan island in South Western Philippines I was welcomed by my co-ordinator and now very good friend Miko, a cheerful Filipino who was around the same age as some of the volunteers. He drove me and a few new friends to Tigman Village, our home for the next 3 weeks. Immediately we were welcomed by the other volunteers who took us straight to a nearby lagoon to get to know each other. Our first week was the cultural week in which we would learn about the island of Palawan, this included traditional food, language class, a trip to the waterfalls and a visit to a sand bank.
Friday was the first day to be introduced to our students, my kids were absolute angels (most of the time), they made it easy to come to school in the morning. Me and my co- teacher were pretty much allowed to teach whatever we wanted and chose subjects we were passionate about; the kids instantly gain an interest due to how excited you are in talking about things you love.
On the weekends I always found myself doing something cool whether it was on waterfall hikes, heading to underground rivers or island hopping up North, these trips are really the best time to get to know some of the best people you will ever meet from all over the world and will become long term friends due to the amazing experience you’re sharing together. Actually as I write this reflection some weeks after my project I am sitting next to a friend I made on the project who has come to visit me from California, so that goes to show the relationships you can build from volunteering abroad. I now truly understand the benefit of going abroad with a purpose to work and help rather than being just a regular tourist for once, you get to experience an entirely different country from an entirely unique perspective.

Sri Lanka

In November 2016 I went to Sri Lanka for three weeks through IVHQ where I was working with Green Lion during my three weeks. Before leaving my home country, IVHQ was very helpful in answering any and all of my questions, making me very prepared for my trip. While in Sri Lanka, Green Lion was very helpful in making sure I was in the volunteer placement I most wanted to be at (there is much flexibility and you're able to change week to week). I worked with disabled children which was such a heart warming experience. I also worked with an overworked elephant named Mali! I throughly enjoyed to volunteer placements that I chose. It was also easy to plan trips on the weekends since the coordinators were extremely helpful in figuring out transportation and accommodations. The housing is good but of course it's nothing like home; thin mattresses, cold showers with infrequent water supply. But the food is FANTASTIC and the people you meet there are even better. I'm so glad I chose this country the only thing I regret is not staying longer.

Ciao por ahora Peru

My time in Peru will never be forgotten. The people I met, the staff I worked with, my host mom, all the children that forever changed my life, all these things are always on my mind. Peru is a beautiful country with amazing people that live there. IVHQ gave me the opportunity to go into a country and become something bigger then myself. My homestay and host mom made my experience so amazing. Sara is the warmest, kindest, most welcoming, and amazing cook I have ever met. For someone to selflessly let six young adults into your home is quite the task and she handles it with grace and responsibility. I never felt unsafe and always had a meal waiting for me when I came home. When it comes to the children I met I am forever changed. The children I was able to work with showed me what life is really about. Reminded me to always remember the good and not dwell on the bad. Everyday my time in Peru runs through my head. Everyday I miss it. And everyday I want to buy a plane ticket and go back. My life is forever changed because of Peru and it all started because of IVHQ.

An unforgettable time in Antigua, Guatemala!

I've had an amazing time volunteering in Antigua, Guatemala for 3 weeks in Nov/Dec. The program staff and other volunteers were so friendly and helpful with everything with smiling faces. i really enjoyed volunteering alongside the local farmers at the eco-agriculture project along with the exotic animal program. Antigua was really beautiful with lots to see and do. Thanks IVHQ for an awesome experience! :)

Building a life In Cusco

Through my experience, I came to find that travellers can be grouped into one of two categories: the "Seers" and the "Be-ers." In my 4 months in Cusco, I met many other wonderful volunteers, each of whom taught me a valuable lesson on life, but only a part of whom shared in my experience of Being part of the culture (as opposed to Seeing). We few made very concerted efforts to engage with the unique cultural experience, whether it was to try guinea pig meat or dance in the La Hora Loca show. And through these fun opportunities, we built networks of family and friends in Cusco as well as unique new lives in another country. Personally, this helped me learn Spanish to a much higher level than many of the other volunteers that I had met. It also afforded me the opportunity to learn about social structures and norms in another culture. Especially relevant to me, as a future nurse, was seeing medicine and healthcare in Cusco, both on the level of the free care given by my clinic, and on the day-to-day care that my homestay mom gave to the volunteers whenever one of us got sick. Leaving my amazing life in Cusco was much harder than I anticipated, yet I'm so glad that I have a family and group of friends there with whom I plan on keeping in contact with, and visiting again in the future.

For future volunteers, I highly recommend engaging with the homestay family, the students in your Spanish classes, other volunteers in your projects, and even people that you might meet out on the street (I always took the chance to speak with taxi drivers or street vendors -- I always either learned something new or else had a unique opportunity to practice my Spanish!). Don't just go to another country to see how things work. Be part of the culture too. Step outside your comfort zone. You might be surprised at the experiences that affect and change you! :)

An incredible experience!

I went on an Economy Agriculture trip in Costa Rica with my sister. We both dove into the program with open expectations and were super happy with how it went. IVHQ and our local team, Maximo Nivel were incredibly supportive and gave us all their contact information as well as sent us weekly emails to make sure we were doing well. This experience was the perfect blend of organization and the freedom to make your own choices. It was an amazing adventure surrounded by wonderful volunteers and I'll never forget it. Thank you so much for the support and help!

Enlightenment in its finest form

Signing up to volunteer in Bogota, Colombia to teach English I honestly can say I didn't know what to expect in any aspect. In the time that I spent in this beautiful, unknown country of Spanish speaking individuals, I grew so much in a way that could not have been achieved in any other form. Traveling half way around the world on your own does that to you, especially to a developing country. It teaches you to be grateful for the beautiful people around you, the impact they make as well as learning that you can make a family that isn't tied by blood. You learn to be grateful for the basics, such as smooth roads, safe cars, plumbing that can handle toilet paper, filtered water, the right to an education, the freedom of movement and most importantly the fact that after all this is done you are able to go back to a loving home. Something I found that not many people are lucky enough to be blessed with but in retrospect I was in the position where I was able enough to help and give a lending hand. Something I can say is this, in teaching those kids basic English they taught me the power of unconditional love and reaffirmed by belief that you don't need very much to be happy in life. Most importantly to be grateful, thankful and appreciate everything you have, everything that you are blessed with in your life both good and bad, that ultimately help shape you. I am so grateful for everything this trip has given me and more, one thing is definitely certain and that is I want to do this over and over again. To see the world through humble eyes.

Found my purpose

First time volunteering anywhere and I found myself in Ecuador. I could not have had a better time. My overall experience was a perfect ten. Everything from my host family to teaching English to high school orphans and going on amazing weekend adventures I have to say was perfect. I thank IVHQ for connecting me to a world of lifelong friends and memories.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review December 19, 2016 at 11:18 AM

Hi Luis, We love your review! It is awesome to hear that every aspect of your volunteer trip was perfect. Thanks for being a great volunteer and we would love to have you join us again in the future.

To put into words something that completely changed your life is hard to do but I will try my best

I volunteered in Ghana for 9 weeks. From the time I was picked up at the airport to the time I was flying back home the experience couldn't be described as anything less than amazing. Before arriving in Ghana I was so nervous about what to expect. I got an email saying there was not any running water and I would be 45 minutes away from the nearest city. All I could think is I'll either love it or hate it. Long story short I loved it. The village I stayed in was poor in the sense of money but was more than wealthy in terms of love. The children taught me more than I could ever learn in a classroom. I literally could not spend enough time with them. I met a ton of amazing people while in Ghana but I want to acknowledge a few. The first being Evans. He is one of the first faces you will meet but most definitely will not forget. He goes above and beyond to make people happy and if you ever need anything he is right there. Pretty much anything you could want to have or do Evans can make it possible! My trip would not have been the same without meeting him! Prince and Tina were two workers that I spent the most time with. They both go above and beyond what they need to make sure volunteers are taken care of. Tina is the cook at the Gold Program. Her food is amazing and she amazed me every day how hard she worked. Prince says he doesn't care but his love for the children and volunteers shows everyday. All 3 of these individuals are extraordinary and deserve to be recognized for it. If you have the chance to go to Ghana, do it....it was the happiest I've ever been and I look forward to doing it again!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review December 18, 2016 at 4:54 PM

Hi Jessica, Wow! What an awesome review. We are stoked to hear that you loved your time in Ghana. Thanks for taking the time to acknowledge Evans, Tina and Prince - we will be sure to pass on your kind words to them. It has been a joy to have you volunteer with IVHQ and we would love to have you join us again in the future.

The most important learning experience of my life in Fiji

I've been to quite a few countries all over the world and my time in Fiji has been my favorite experience so far. To start, Fijians are the nicest people. Everyone smiles and says hi just walking down the street. I didn't go to Fiji to help them; I went to learn from them and to see what their culture is like, and let me tell you, I loved their culture and learned so much. My program coordinators were so helpful and clearly cared about making the biggest impact in their own communities. They and the communities were so appreciative. I worked on the Construction and Renovation project, which was a truly humbling experience. The communities just wanted a room to teach their children in and I am so thankful I could help in anyway I could. They really taught me that no matter where you come from, everyone deserves an education, and to really appreciate what you have. I cannot thank IVHQ and The Green Lion enough for such a wonderful experience!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review December 18, 2016 at 4:35 PM

Hi Cydnee, Thanks for your awesome review. We agree that Fijians have got to be some of the nicest and most welcoming people in the world. It is great to hear that you were able to learn about Fijian culture and found your Construction and Renovation project highly rewarding. Thanks for being an amazing IVHQ volunteer!

Life altering

This trip has modified my life and outlook on humanity in all of the greatest ways. The ease of working with IVHQ and the in-country programs was seamless and it took all of the stress and effort out of planning, so that we could dedicate our time and energy to what really mattered...volunteering with the children in Ecuador.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review December 18, 2016 at 3:44 PM

Hi Chelsea, It is awesome to hear that you found the planning of your trip easy and seamless. It has been a pleasure to have you volunteer with IVHQ and we would love to have you back.

Guatemala living

I was very nervous about going to a foreign country, alone but was comforted by how organized IVHQ was prior to my departure. I had gone to great lengths to research many different traveling agencies and I am VERY happy with my entire IVHQ experience.

Finally the day came to leave and I was super excited. It was a long travel day so it was easy to sleep as soon as a got my home stay. The next day meeting the others at my house and the local team was very comforting and helpful with regards to tricks and tips for life in Antigua.

I worked at a vet clinic for two weeks with the most amazing Doctor and team members. I loved hearing them speak spanish and learning about all the issues they deal with in their vet clinics on a daily basis. Thank goodness Doctor JP also spoke English so it was easy to understand.
Staying in a home stay and volunteering made me feel like a true local and gave me the true "Guatemalan Living" experience. Not only did I get to experience living in a traditional house with their traditional meals and hear about their daily lives but they treat you like family, so you also get to experience the Guatemalan close knit community where they would do anything to help you - from where to eat, to practicing spanish, to talking about each others lives.

I also had the pleasure of meeting and being friends with so many other travelers. I love hearing everyone's story and you always have someone to check out a restaurant or a tour with.

I took a couple solo trips on the weekend - one to Lake Atitlan and the other was hiking the Pacaya Volcano. I loved exploring t his beautiful country and will cherish these memories forever.

My volunteer experience in Guatemala gave me a sense of confidence that I could do anything I set my mind to and truly turn dreams into reality. My next dream is to be able to speak spanish fluently.
I am already dreaming up my next adventures I want to take with IVHQ.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review December 18, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Hi Laura, What an awesome review! We are stoked that you were very happy with your volunteer trip to Guatemala. It sounds like you had a perfectly well rounded experience that included a great volunteer placement, a warm and welcoming host family, tourist adventures, and friendly fellow volunteers. It has been our pleasure to have you as an IVHQ volunteer and we look forward to seeing where your next adventure takes you.

Experience of lifetime

Ivhq has provided the best experience I've had so far! I love volunteering with ivhq as they provide excellent programs with amazing support. I recommend ivhq to anyone looking to step outside and make difference in this world!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review December 11, 2016 at 8:37 PM

Hi Keval, We are thrilled that you had an excellent experience and felt well supported - it is absolutely our pleasure! Thanks so much for recommending IVHQ!

Community Support in Fiji

Bula! Where do i even begin! I never thought in my wildest dreams that i would actually travel alone to experience time in a country to volunteer and experience the Fijian culture and i am so happy that i decided to volunteer with IVHQ. From the very first email i sent i knew that volunteering through IVHQ was going to be very supportive and a life changing experience.

Being my first time as a volunteer, i had many questions and the IVHQ team were very helpful and supportive through ever question. The online training modules really give you a good insight into what it will be like to volunteer and prepare you for your journey ahead.

Starting my program was nerve racking but i felt at home with my fellow IVHQers who came from different countries including germany, america, england and a few Aussies like myself. The food was amazing, the fijian locals are such amazing people and the Green lion team are now my second fijian family who i have stayed in contact with and speak to regularly.

If you want to experience something different and life changing then volunteering through IVHQ is what you need to do. I am looking forward to my next program next year! Cant wait

Vinaka to IVGQ & the Green Lion organisation who made my experience one that i will never forget

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review December 11, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Hi Fayrouz, We are extremely happy to have had you as an IVHQ volunteer! Thanks for your kind words regarding the support provided by IVHQ – it is absolutely our pleasure. We are thrilled to hear that you had an amazing experience in Fiji and we would love to welcome you onto another program in the future.

Magic Marrakech!

Volunteering in Morocco was definitely one of the best experience of my life so far. I didn’t have any teaching experience but that didn’t make a difference. The children and teenagers I taught languages to were so willing to learn! It was very rewarding to see that they were interested in what I had to teach them and the progress they made in only two weeks. I also had the chance to give them a lesson in my native language, Italian! Apart from the volunteering, living in Marrakech has taught me so many things in so little time. I learned more about arabic and berber culture (and can now actually speak very little moroccan!). I took moroccan cooking classes. I had the time to explore the city and by the end of the first week could already find my way around the souq. I also visited other Moroccan towns along the coast in the weekend, like Agadir and Essaouira, which were breathtaking. Most importantly of all, I met some amazing people. It took very little for us volunteers to become very close, and we still are as of today, months later. The family was so welcoming. They made me and the other volunteers feel like we were part of the family and cooked for us delicious meals every day. The program coordinator was extremely kind and helpful with us and organized so many fun activities. I would recommend this experience to anyone! It honestly is life changing. You won’t regret it!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review December 11, 2016 at 8:34 PM

Hi Alice, We are stoked to hear that you had one of the best experiences of your like in Marrakech! It is great that you found the teaching work rewarding and were able to explore Morocco in your free time. Thanks for being an IVHQer! We would love to have you join us again.

Guatemalan experience 2015

In May of 2016, I was blessed to have been able to travel to the beautiful country of Guatemala and volunteer for a week. I was placed in San Antonio, a small town outside of the well known city of Antigua. Here I spent my mornings in a clinic helping a dentist and observing her skills. In the afternoons I was able to spend my time traveling or sight-seeing, and enjoying all of the colorful food and culture that Guatemala has to offer. Through the mini-adventures and volunteering that I was given the opportunity to partake in, I learned that I am being called to serve under resourced communities by providing dental care. My trip to Guatemala opened my eyes to a new culture, and gave me a new place to be homesick for. This experience empowered me to continue to work hard towards my goals, and it taught me that although two cultures may be very different, if you give it the chance it will become your new home and it will hold a forever place in your heart.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review December 11, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Hi Madeline, Thanks for sharing! It is awesome to hear that your experience volunteering in Guatemala made you feel empowered and solidified your goals to work with under resourced communities. We feel blessed to have had you as an IVHQ volunteer!

• The Adventure

Best time of my life

Even if I dont speak their language the time I spent with the kids in Rio de janeiro was amazing. The smiles on their faces showed how much they apreciated what we did. I truly enjoyed the time playing soccer/football with them.
Before I volunteered in Brazil I went to Colombia (Cartagena and Bogota) with IVHQ. I wanted to help these kids, but I didnt expect that they have an impact on me. I learned that there is always a reason to be happy no matter how hard life is. This time gave me so much that I took the chance to volunteer with IVHQ for the third time.
If you are open minded, volunteering is the best way to travel.
Living in the volunteer house felt like beeing part of a family.
The work with the kids gives more experiences about culture and life than sightseeing can ever give.
Brazil and also Colombia were amazing.
Thank you IVHQ, I had the time of my life!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 22, 2016 at 5:30 PM

Hi Leon, What a wonderful review! Smiles are universal and we are thrilled to hear that you had an amazing time connecting with the children at your placements in Colombia and Brazil. Thanks for being an awesome volunteer and we would love to have you join us again in the future.

Volunteer in Fiji

This experience was incredible! I would absolutely recommend going through IVHQ to do an international volunteering experience. In comparison to people I met at the same volunteer location, IVHQ had fees way more affordable than any other organizations-for the same amazing experience!

All of the pre departure information is extremely helpful, as well as the pre departure staff- whom I only contacted on one occasion because all of the information you are given is so through and straight forward! There is an amazing IVHQ Fiji Facebook group that you can join and contact present and past volunteers who have experienced exactly what you will! Which really eases the nerves that come along with traveling abroad.

The versatility of how you can fill your days once in Fiji is limitless. Kindergarten, teaching, rebuilding, and construction are the four main projects (all of which I got to experience in 12 weeks and all of which are amazing!) Since some projects are only half-day you have the option to fill your afternoon at leisure or take part in any of the other projects- which really makes you feel like your giving your resources to many great people!

I would highly recommend traveling through IVHQ and to Fiji in particular. The children you work with are amazing, the in country staff are so helpful and genuine and you can really see the impact you are making on such an amazing country!!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 22, 2016 at 5:22 PM

Hi Sara, We are so pleased to hear that you felt well prepared for your volunteer program in Fiji – that is what we are here for! Thanks for advising other volunteers of the IVHQ Fiji Facebook group; we encourage anyone who is thinking of joining our Fiji program to join this group to connect with past and future volunteers. We are so impressed by your ability to help out wherever needed and really make the most of your volunteer experience. Thanks for being an IVHQer and we would love to have you volunteer with us again!

I fell in love with Rio!

I spent 4 weeks in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. This was my first time Volunteering with IVHQ so I didn't know what to expect but as soon as I arrived all my nerves left me as I knew I had made the perfect choice! Getting everything sorted before leaving was really easy as the IVHQ staff were so helpful!

Greeted by our driver when I arrived, we drove to the volunteer house which was only about half an hour away and he pointed out spots and sights that would interest us.
The volunteer house was big and homely and the house manager made me feel at home straight away and was always there to help when you needed him. There was a lot to choose from at breakfast everyday including oatmeal, toast, fruit, eggs, ham and fresh homemade juice.

I chose to do childcare, my programme was located in Barreira Do Vasco which was about 40 minutes away on the bus. They matched me perfectly with my programme, I mentioned that I was a teaching assistant back home so I was able to teach English as part of this childcare programme in Brazil as well as having the option to join in with playing football everyday with the Sports programme (which i did, they are incredible at football!).
Carlao, the amazing man that runs the programme in Barreira Do Vasco, giving more opportunity to the young people in his community, made us feel welcome from the start and always made sure we were okay and having a good time!
As me and the other volunteers walked up to where the programme was located every day, people from the area started to recognise us and we would say hi to all the familiar faces, it really felt like we became part of the community.
We met all the kids there, they are so warm and so much fun and you get to know each of them really quickly. This was my favourite part of my whole experience, the bonds that I made with the children in such a short space of time is unforgettable, I already miss them! I barely knew any Portuguese but I tried really hard to make sure that didn't get in the way, plus you pick words and phrases up quicker than you can imagine. I have already planned to go back in the next couple of years and I cant wait to visit them!!!
(On my last day with the kids, as a thank you gesture, Carlao got tables from the cafes/restaurants surrounding the football cage and brought out loads of cakes, hot dogs and drinks and took pictures of all of us. I will never forget this! It just goes to show how much a volunteers time is appreciated.)

On the weekends, me and the other volunteers (from all over the world, I can now call FRIENDS) spent some time at the beach or at the Market and did some sightseeing (including hiking the Corcovado Mountain to see Christ the Redeemer!) And in the evenings, we would go to the bars and clubs in Rio or just relax in the house.

JIVE, the staff partnered with IVHQ are the ones that help you day in day out while you are living there. They were all so friendly and so helpful and made the experience that much better and they always made sure you were safe and felt comfortable.

I would recommend going to Rio to anyone thinking of volunteering with IVHQ. There is so much to see and it is a beautiful place.
I fell in love with the city and the people and I would not change a thing about my experience!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 21, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Hi Giorgia, Wow! What an awesome review! We are so pleased to hear that you would not change a thing about your experience in Rio. It sounds like you had a beautifully well-rounded experience by getting stuck into your meaningful volunteer work, making friends from all over the world, exploring the local sights, and becoming part of the community. Thanks for your recommendation and we would love to see you back in Rio on the future.

Amazing

This program was amazing and gave me a lot of opportunity. I asked to change my program and they were willing to work with me (I had a circumstance). Communication before, after & during the program was amazing!

This is my second trip with IVHQ and I'm currently on my third I can't say enough great things about them as they are really trying to make a difference with volunteers

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 21, 2016 at 5:04 PM

Hi Jennifer, We are thrilled to hear that the communication you received before, after and during your program was amazing. It has been a pleasure to have you volunteer with us. Thanks for being an IVHQer 3 times over!

Fantastic!

This was my first volunteer abroad program with IVHQ but definitely not my last. This experience is life changing and mind altering, but in a good way. It made me realize my life problems are trivial compared to what others are enduring. My host family was amazing, fun and extremely nice. The other volunteers are so warm and friendly and the the program managers and staff are amazing. I would recommend to anyone who is thinking about volunteering abroad with IVHQ to take the leap. It is well worth it. I am already planning my next trip, maybe Thailand.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 21, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Hi Paschell, What a great review! We are thrilled to hear that your experience in Peru was life changing and mind altering. We would love to have you volunteer with IVHQ again, this time on the Thailand program!

Best two weeks of my life!

Volunteering in Guatemala was definitely the most fulfilling experience I've had yet, I went for the medical program and since day one I fell in love with every single patient and every person I had the opportunity to work with. I'm only in my second year of med school and I got to vaccinate, triage, give pap smears, suture, heal wounds and also learn so much about pharmacology. I lived in a volunteer house with about 20 other volunteers from all around the world, the house was beautiful and we ate delicious food daily. I went by myself but definitely made friends for a life time in only 2 weeks, you always had someone to travel the city with after placement and every night we went out to bars and had fun. Not to mention the amazing weekend trip I took to Semuc Champey (google it, it's paradise) and how cheap everything was. Definitely recommend it to anyone who likes adventure and wants to get outside of their comfort zone.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review October 31, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Hi Camila, It’s great to hear that your time in Guatemala was fulfilling and it sounds like you were able to gain a huge amount of experience from your volunteer placement. Semuc Champey looks spectacular! We would love to have you volunteer with us again in the future. Thanks for being an IVHQer!

Can't wait to go back!

My time at UBECI changed me a lot. The kids at the markets showed me what is truly important in life. I am more thoughtful, and I have started to be conscious of my behaviors, consumption, and complaints. The kids opened my eyes and turned me into a better person.
If you want to do something different do not hesitate, there is no better time than now.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 15, 2016 at 5:59 PM

Hi Alina, Wow! Thanks for sharing with us how your outlook and behaviors have changed since volunteering in Ecuador. We are sure that many of our volunteers will be able to relate to your review. Thanks for being an amazing volunteer and we would love to have you join IVHQ again.

Argentina sure has a lot to offer!

Making the decision to volunteer with IVHQ was one of the best decisions I have made in a long time. I say this because the process of getting to my program was extremely easy and I left home feeling very informed and prepared. The other great decision was choosing the Teaching program in Argentina. The placement was very well matched with my skills and there were opportunities to diversify my volunteer experiences. Having the opportunity to work closely with the teaching staff and build relationships allowed me to see a little bit of the inside of the educational system there. It showed me that they experience the same challenges and successes we experience in our public school systems. Their commitment and dedication was uplifting and invigorating!
Additionally, the staff at the volunteer house made sure they did their best to make me feel comfortable and well cared for. Lastly, the opportunities to travel on the weekends were totally appreciated. Argentina has many different landscapes to explore...from the spectacular icy blue glaciers of the south, at the National Glacier Park, to the cascading waterfalls of the north in Iguazu. Volunteering with IVHQ was the perfect program to mix business (volunteering) and pleasure (traveling like a free bird). I would definitely do it again!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 16, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Hi Nilaja, Thanks for sharing an overview from your time in Argentina. We are thrilled to hear that you felt informed and prepared for your volunteer program – that is what we are here for! The photo at your teaching placement is great! Thanks for being an awesome IVHQ volunteer and we would love to welcome you onto another program in the future.

Adventures in Peru

In June of 2016 I spent two weeks in Lima, Peru, it was by far the most rewarding experience. I have never done anything like that before and it is way better than I had anticipated. The placement I was put into was so amazing, I had the opportunity to help and just play with the kids. It really touches your heart and makes you want to come back and back. I can not wait to go back to Peru to volunteer once again. IVHQ sponsors were so helpful; anytime I had a question they always answered it right away. I have never met and talked to so many kind hearted people. They are always willing to help you out! I never was disappointed. IVHQ was the best experience and I plan to share my journey with everyone else so they can experience it for themselves!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 15, 2016 at 5:53 PM

Hi Kourtney, Thank you so much for your recommendation! It has been our pleasure to have you as an IVHQ volunteer. We are thrilled to hear that you had a rewarding, better than expected, time on the program in Lima. We would love to welcome you back again in the future.