Dilit International House was established in 1974, was one of the first language schools in Italy to teach Italian as a Foreign Language and has established itself as one of the most prestigious Italian Language Schools in the country today! The school caters for students from all over the world at all levels and with a wide variety of needs. The minimum age is 16. Each year about 2000 students from more than 60 countries come to Dilit-International House. This situation avoids the concentration of students of the same nationality and favors the use of Italian outside the classroom and the exchange between different people and cultures.
- The students who choose Intensive Italian courses do so for various reasons: personal interest; university studies; work requirements; or greater understanding of Italian life and culture. They come from all over the world and their ages range from 16 to 80. This rich diversity of people in each class has a very positive effect on the language learning process. Learning Italian often becomes an opportunity to get to know other cultures and frequently long-standing friendships are created.
- The school is situated in the centre of Rome just a short walk from the central railway station and conveniently placed for transport to every area of the city. In the school, a five-storied Liberty style villa, there are 10 classrooms. In addition, there are 15 other classrooms in the two annexes just a few steps from the main building.
- Each lesson is made up of a sequence of activities each of which sets out to develop a particular aspect of language skill or knowledge
- The activities promote and develop the abilities of understanding and producing both spoken and written -- Italian and the ability to analyze Italian grammar
- The general approach is communicative and student-centered
- The Italian language presented and studied is up-to date, authentic material is used right form the start and students are placed in real communicative situations
- Italian is the only language spoken in class
Structure of the Course:
- The minimum age is 16 years old and the maximum is 28 for the semester and year programs
- Levels: Beginner to Proficiency
- Starting dates: October-February and February-June
- On arrival, non-beginner students are tested and placed in classes according to their level and their particular needs
- Each lesson: 45 minutes
- From Monday to Friday
- Duration: 16 weeks
- Average number of students: 14