Throughout the year
Course starts every Monday (except beginners)
Internship programs are useful if you are looking to gain international work experience (the work is unpaid). You will be placed with a Cape Town based company in the field of your choice, giving you insight into the working practices of a company in an English speaking country. Add a highlight to your curriculum vitae, and further your command of the English language in a professional environment.
Each placement is tailor-made to suit your individual profile. Is your emphasis on improving your command of English in the workplace? Or are you looking to broaden your work experience within your own field? Whatever your needs, we will find a placement to suit you.
- This is a placement program.
- The work is unpaid.
- It can be booked with or without a language course.
- The minimum period for an internship is 8 weeks.
- Enrollment must be at least 3 months before the start of the internship.
- Minimum age: 18 years
- A good qualification in the area of placement
- A successful visa application if required. Please note that further requirements may arise due to the visa regulations
- Participants need a good level of conversational English in order to benefit from this program. If necessary you need to do an English language course before you start your Internship program.
Innternship Areas Include:
Business Administration, Advertising, Arts, Culture, Conservation, Animal protection, Event Management, Fashion, Graphic Design, Human Resources, Import, Export, IT, computer science, Law, Logistics, Marketing, Media - TV, Radio, Photography, Music, NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations), Politics, Public Relations, Print Media, Social work, Sport and Leisure, Tourism
- Art & Fine Arts
- Art History
- Computer Science
- Environmental Management
- Fashion Design
- Human Resources
- Information Systems
- Interior Design
- International Relations
- International Trade
- Liberal Arts
- Political Science & Politics
- Public Administration & Government
- Social Work
- Web Design
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Cost in US$:
Please visit our web-site for details
Program Fees Include:
- Creating a tailor-made programme according to your individual needs.
- Assistance in finding long-term accommodation from hostels to furnished apartments.
- Assistance in long-term car hire if required.
- Airport transfer service.
- Escort and introduction on your first day.
- Advice, assistance, and guidance before, during, and after your stay.
- 24 hr emergency number.
- A complete information package including a South African SIM card.
- A GHS student card which allows discounts at tourist attractions, restaurants, etc.
- Participation in the GHS Social Club (fees apply).
- Enrollment fee 65 EUR
- One time intenrship fee
- Accommodation placement fee 45 EUR
- Alteration fee (after course start) 30 EUR
- Airport transfer (on departure) 35 EUR
- Refundable deposit 50 EUR (Payable on the first day of school to cover course-book and key rentals. Will be refunded on the last day of school.)
- Additional costs for Cambridge Course, examination fee 190 EUR; 2 books 48 EUR
- Visa document fee 80 EUR
This Program is open to
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application