2956 Florence Dr SW Grand Rapids, MI 49418-9736 United States
Italy: Roma (Rome)
Fall, Spring, Academic Year
February - June / October - February / October - June
Dilit International House was established in 1974, was one of the first language schools in Italy to teach Italian as a Foreign Language and has established itself as one of the most prestigious Italian Language Schools in the country today! The school caters for students from all over the world at all levels and with a wide variety of needs. The minimum age is 16. Each year about 2000 students from more than 60 countries come to Dilit-International House. This situation avoids the concentration of students of the same nationality and favors the use of Italian outside the classroom and the exchange between different people and cultures.
- The students who choose Intensive Italian courses do so for various reasons: personal interest; university studies; work requirements; or greater understanding of Italian life and culture. They come from all over the world and their ages range from 16 to 80. This rich diversity of people in each class has a very positive effect on the language learning process. Learning Italian often becomes an opportunity to get to know other cultures and frequently long-standing friendships are created.
- The school is situated in the centre of Rome just a short walk from the central railway station and conveniently placed for transport to every area of the city. In the school, a five-storied Liberty style villa, there are 10 classrooms. In addition, there are 15 other classrooms in the two annexes just a few steps from the main building.
- Each lesson is made up of a sequence of activities each of which sets out to develop a particular aspect of language skill or knowledge
- The activities promote and develop the abilities of understanding and producing both spoken and written -- Italian and the ability to analyze Italian grammar
- The general approach is communicative and student-centered
- The Italian language presented and studied is up-to date, authentic material is used right form the start and students are placed in real communicative situations
- Italian is the only language spoken in class
Structure of the Course:
- The minimum age is 16 years old and the maximum is 28 for the semester and year programs
- Levels: Beginner to Proficiency
- Starting dates: October-February and February-June
- On arrival, non-beginner students are tested and placed in classes according to their level and their particular needs
- Each lesson: 45 minutes
- From Monday to Friday
- Duration: 16 weeks
- Average number of students: 14
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
Price 8200 EUR for Academic Year
- Total of 640 hours of class time, this includes:
- 480 hours - Italian language classes
- 160 hours - Four Italian Language and Culture courses, where each course is 2 weeks long and consists of 20 hours a week, 40 hours total:
1. Italian History and Civilization
2. Design and Architecture
3. History of Art
4. Business Italian
- Diploma: During the program, or at the end of it, the students sit for examinations for the following qualifications: DILIT-IH Diploma. For students starting in February it is also possible sit for the CILS qualifications (run by the Università per Stranieri di Siena)* or for the CELI qualifications (run by the Università per Stranieri di Perugia) The students choose which of the two exams to apply for.
- Free Internet access - 5 Internet booths are freely available to all students who wish to use them from 8.00 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. Mondays to Fridays
- Free wi-fi - moreover, the school offers wireless internet access to students who have their own portable computers
- Use of self-study center - the center has 2 video booths (DVD) and a reading room and is freely available for the students
- All students are invited to take advantage of these facilities in their free time. Under guidance from their teachers, students can practice and improve certain language skills and deepen their understanding of certain grammatical point according to personal tastes and needs
- Organization of social activities
- In the basement there is a snack bar serving drinks and snacks at low prices. Many students have lunch here after morning classes or before going to class in the afternoon
- In the basement next to the snack bar there are 2 spacious rooms available for relaxing, making friends and enjoying yourself. There is a piano, a TV and a small stage where students sometimes put on performances. Outside there is a small garden and 2 terraces available for the same purposes
- Accommodation: Includes base accommodation of host family double room. (meals, a single room, apartment/flat accommodation can be added for an additional fee)
We are an international education portal promoting and marketing quality pre-screened programs, allowing students to apply immediately on our web-site.