International Business Seminars Header Image International Business Seminars Header Image

Summer China 2017: Beijing & Shanghai

An experience you cannot get without IBS!

For someone to go to China, they would need to purchase a plane ticket and a hotel reservation. They would have to do a search for tourist hotspots, and maybe even talk to someone who has recently been to China for tips on great places to see. While this would surely be an amazing experience, it would be pale in comparison to what IBS offers students.

IBS took care of the flights, hotel stays, and ensured we were at a hotel with great safety ratings, internet for those important messages back home to Mom, and free breakfast every morning. Any travel company can do this for you, but what they cannot do is put you in contact with high-level managers from global companies (Earnst & Young, Coca-Cola, and Lenovo to name a few) and allow you to tour these companies and see what a variety of "typical" businesses in China are like. One gentleman we spoke to even extended internship offers in his company to American students who were willing to stay in China the following year and teach English to young Chinese students.

They not only gave the students the opportunity to see and ask questions to nine Chinese businesses, but offered daily tour opportunities during free time at a discounted rate (so we could also have the "tourist experience" in addition to the business experience).

I highly recommend IBS Trips due to their organization, safety, and once-in-a-lifetime opportunities! Due to my satisfaction, I am taking advantage of a second opportunity they are offering to study in SE Asia this January.

So worth it!

I never thought I'd be able to go to China. Yet, through this program I was able to visit two major cities and many culturally important sites. Learning from business leaders based in China gave me the opportunity to gain insight into doing business abroad I would not have gotten elsewhere. Thanks IBS!