Take part in this unique cultural and language exchange program where you will give informal English lessons to your Spanish host family for up to 15 hours per week in exchange for room and board. This short-term commitment leaves you plenty of free time to explore, sight-see and make new friends.
Discover Madrid, the capital of Spain, firsthand by living with a Spanish host family as an English tutor teaching English. Home to the Prado Museum and many world-class art galleries, Madrid offers a vibrant nightlife, great restaurants and shopping and is well situated for day trips throughout the region. Of course, no stay in Spain would be complete without finding time to take flamenco lessons during your Teaching English in Spain program.
* No Teacher Certification Required.
* Be between the ages of 18 and 35.
* Have at least a high school diploma.
* Preferably have some previous teaching or tutoring experience.
* Be a native English speaker.
* Be able to commit to a period of at least 3 months during the academic year (1-2 months possible during the summer).
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Room and board included.
This Program is open to
Canadian and American Participants.
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application