InterExchange participants InterExchange participants

Conversation Coach in Spain

• Teacher Support

A summer to never forget

To those of you who are curious about exploring the world around you and trying out the Conversation Coach program, I would say go to it with out a doubt in the world. The program itself isn't incredibly expensive and the people are there to guide you every step of the way. The family I lived with was amazing and gave me the most well rounded experience I could have had that summer. I had already been backpacking around Europe so being able to live in Madrid and experience it like a local was probably on of the best part of the summer. The families chosen for you are so amazing and seem to go out of the way to make you the most comfortable that you can be. I hope you consider this program and give it a shot. It changed my life.

• InterExchange responded to this review May 25, 2016 at 10:49 AM

Nice! Experiencing Europe from the local perspective is the way to go and I'm glad this experience paid off for you, Emma. Glad that you had the chance to backpack a bit too! Thanks for the review. ~James (InterExchange)

Spain

I'm so happy here! My family is a really good fit for me. They treat me like their own daughter. I was expecting to be homesick by now but they have made me so comfortable. It would be nice if I was closer to Madrid but being placed with this family makes up for it.

It has been great meeting other tutors. I also went on a trip with the program Be Madrid and met many people through that too. This has been a wonderful experience so far and I'm very glad I decided to take this chance.

• InterExchange responded to this review May 26, 2016 at 2:51 PM

Great review and good to have the tip about the group trip you joined as well! Since placements generally can't be right in the city we love hearing when participants embrace the lives of their host families wherever they may be (and still find time to travel a bit of course). Thanks for your comments! ~James (InterExchange)

Conversation Coach - Madrid, Spain

I had an amazing experience living with a Spanish family and teaching English in Madrid for three months. I made life-long friends from around the world, enhanced my Spanish speaking skills, and visited many cities throughout Spain and Portugal. I would recommend this program to anyone who is interested in travel, open to experiencing a new culture, and has 1-3 months to spare.

• InterExchange responded to this review May 26, 2016 at 8:04 AM

So glad you enjoyed the experience! As a two-year alumni I hope you continue to find new ways to build upon your experiences in Spain. Perhaps we'll have the chance to welcome you on a new program. Until then, safe travels from InterExchange!