InterExchange participants InterExchange participants

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Best 6 weeks of my life

This program introduced me to a family in which I was a conversation coach for. This family and I have become extremely close. They have taught me so much...just as much as I've tried to teach them. The kids were so wonderful. The family and I did everything together and it felt like a second home. There were no issues with having the kids talk to me and work on their English. We didn't plan out specific times for tutoring...we just went day to day hanging out and exploring Germany. I can tell the biggest different between when I first arrived and when I was ready to leave.

I even went on vacation to France with the family. We did so many things together and I became part of the family. It was one of the best experiences of my whole life. The whole family will always have a special place in my heart and I know I will come visit them again.

The whole process is worth it! Everyone at InterExchange was unbelievably helpful and so kind. All of my questions and concerns were answered. It was the best possible experience I could have.

• InterExchange responded to this review July 14, 2016 at 8:23 AM

Colleen, thanks so much for your glowing review! More importantly, we're all so glad that everything worked out so well there. Glad you're keeping in touch with your hosts and I hope you get to visit them again before long! ~your friends at InterExchange

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

My German Experience

My experience with InterExchange was wonderful. They were ALWAYS willing to communicate with me and answered all of my questions the same day. I even had surgery right before I was supposed to leave and they sent me a get well basket. I had ample time to communicate with my future host family and they made a great match for me!

I am currently in the Conversation Coach program. There is a lot of flexibility within the program because you can create your own curriculum.

There is no income with this program which can provide a challenge if you decide to stay the full 12 weeks, so make sure you are prepared since transportation within Germany can be expensive (it's actually cheaper to go to other countries than travel within Germany.) Other than that, I would say go for it and be prepared to have the time of your life!

• InterExchange responded to this review May 26, 2016 at 3:26 PM

That's good advice! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we're so happy to have helped set you up for a successful experience in Germany. Congrats on making it all happen! ~James (InterExchange)