Intercultura Costa Rica participants Intercultura Costa Rica participants

24/7 Homestay Spanish Immersion in Heredia

• The Campus

Wonderful immersion experience over-all (1 week in Heredia & then 1 week in Sámara)

My experience with Intercultura was absolutely incredible. I spent one week at each of the two campuses--for the first week in a small 5 person class, then the second week just 1-on-1 with a professor, right on the beach (because I happened to be the only person in my Spanish level for the duration of that week)!

Both of my professors were tremendously patient and respectful, but also critical enough that I was held truly accountable to the high standards of conversation in a foreign language. This was essential given that outside of class I was constantly getting around on my own, communicating with locals and my strictly spanish-speaking host families. By the end of my trip, my speaking confidence had sky-rocketed, and I even acquired some common colloquialisms. ;)

Sadly, I have not taken Spanish classes since I've come home, but when I returned I was nearly fluent! Absolutely worth the time and money--be sure to take lots of photos, too!