Spanish Studies Program Instituto Franklin- UAH in Spain
Spain: Alcala de Henares
The Spanish Studies Program came about as an initiative to facilitate collaboration between the Universidad de Alcalá and North American universities interested in internationalizing their students. The Program was established in 1987 and since then it has developed into a program which addresses the current interests of students and institutions alike. Throughout more than 20 years of accumulated history and experience, this initiative has transformed our Institute into a reference point as a leader in Spain for specialized teaching, curriculum development, and study abroad programs. This success is greatly due to the personalized attention we give our students which enables us to maintain high evaluations of our professors and over all of our university associates.
Our academic program reaches beyond the usual study abroad programs by treating this academic experience as a global experience. The time spent studying in Spain is considered a fundamental period of academic development for the students, and besides the excellent curriculum, we offer an integrated education for our participants which maximizes their potential in intercultural and personal development.
- Provide students with a unique opportunity of learning, living, and traveling in Spain.
- Maintain the academic excellence which distinguishes our program.
- Offer a diversity of courses suited for students with different interests.
Courses range from traditional language and culture to more specific ones such as Humanities, Cultural Studies, Political Science, International Relations, and Business Administration among others. Courses are designed for students of all levels of language competencies from beginners to near-native fluency.
- Offer special courses for heritage learners paying attention to their linguistic, academic and cultural development.
- Develop our students´ intercultural skills through different activities outside class and cultural visits, in order to build up their attitudes, believes, communication styles and cultural competencies, and create citizens for tomorrow's society, especially between North America, Spain, and Europe.
The Instituto Franklin, has been approved by the Universidad de Alcalá and the Community of Madrid in the BOCAM Law in 2001. As part of the university, the Institute´s regulations are established in Article 90 of the Universidad de Alcalá by-laws.
All of the academic programs that the Instituto Franklin offers are officially recognized by the Universidad de Alcalá. The transference of academic credits is facilitated by the institution of origin and the Instituto Franklin.
Why study at Instituto Franklin?
- A wide variety of courses, from language courses designed for all language levels to courses of humanities, art, history, international relations, business, etc.
- Experienced staff to assist students with all their possible needs throughout the program. We have a 24 hour emergency service.
- Development of students´ competencies and skills. Students participate in different cultural activities in order to improve their cultural awareness and language abilities.
- The opportunity to study in a prestigious and historic university
- Alcala de Henares is considered a relaxing and safe college town where students can get around easily and enjoy the beauty of its historic buildings and plazas.
"The capital of Spain, Madrid, is just 35 minutes away by train or bus.
Instituto Franklin offers different specialized services to provide a safe and enriching experience to all students and faculty:
- Airport transfers
- On-site staff and coordinator for direct enrolled students
- Cultural activities
- Medical Insurance
- On-sine tutor for Spanish
- Orientation sessions
- Administrative support for faculty led programs
- Custom made programs
Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter, Throughout the year
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
- Creative Writing
- Foreign Language
- Media And Cultural Studies
- Political Science/politics
- Spanish Literature
- Tv And Media Production
This Program is open to
American, Australian, Canadian and European Participants.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
in Groups of 10
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network