Volunteer/Intern for 8 weeks - only 1,000 USD, Spanish included
Mexico: Cuernavaca, Puerto Escondido
All year long
No experience or Spanish is necessary.
Participants must be 18 years old or up.
Underage participants are more than welcome, but must be accompanied by their parents or must provide a letter of permission granted by their parents.
Cost in US$:
- Written materials abroad
- Registration fees
- In-country staff support
- In-country orientation/Training
- Language instruction
Program Fees Include:
* A welcome tour around Cuernavaca City's Downtown "El Zocalo"
* Registration fee
* Airport escort (pickup and drop-off from and back to Mexico City's airport)
* Support and assistance throughout the program
* 3 hours of Spanish lesson from Monday to Friday (the schedule is open, it can be during mornings or afternoon, the participants choose their own schedule each day)
* Study materials
* Homestay with a Mexican host family, furnished apartment, or house
* 3 meals per day
* Orientation and placement
* Sightseeing tours in Cuernavaca and surrounding areas
* Special extracurricular lessons such as dancing, cooking, handcrafting, and many more
In some areas, the participants get paid
- Biological Research
- Building & Construction Projects
- Childcare & Children
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- Computer Training
- Conflict Resolution
- Drug & Alcohol Recovery
- Economic Development
- English Teaching
- Health Care
- Human Rights
- Legal Aide
- Pastoral Work
- Public Health
- Public Policy
- Senior Citizens
- Street Children
- Tree Planting
- Veterinary Science
Most of the participants (specially women) choose to work with children (hospitals and orphanages), it can be as short as 1 week long all the way up to 1 year...
from 18 up to 75 years old. Under age participants must be accompanied by an adult or parents, or a letter of permission must be submitted.
This Program is open to
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families, Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
- Guest House
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups of up to 5 or more
Scholarships are Available
For every group of 5 participants, the 5th person gets everything free!
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is