Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image

University of Edinburgh Parliamentary Internship

Most incredible experience of my life

Studying abroad has completely changed my outlook on life and want every student to be able to have the same wonderful experience that I did. SO much of my incredible experience would not have been possible without the second-to-none team at IFSA-Butler. I chose the program and it just happened to be in Scotland; I will be forever grateful for this. Scotland is the most incredible and under-rated country that I have ever been to and, because of IFSA-Butler, I was able to really integrate myself into Scottish society. The IFSA team made it a point to check on us just enough so that we felt independent but knew that they were there if we ever needed anything. They have drop-in hours every week so that you are able to go to them with any problems you might have. I have never felt so supported by a group of people other than my parents. My experience at Parliament allowed me to see what issues are really facing the population of Scotland and this enabled me to connect with the city on a much deeper level. I fell in love with Edinburgh this semester and this would have been much more difficult if it had not been for IFSA-Butler and my time at Parliament.