Master in Advanced European and International Studies - Trilingual Branch
Italy: Roma (Rome)
The "Institut europeen-European Institute" (IE-EI) is an international teaching and research institute based in Nice, France. The IE-EI organizes an annual postgraduate programme with a strong international focus: the "Master in Advanced European and International Studies. The Master programme" takes place in three different countries (France, Germany and Italy) and is taught in three different languages (English, French and German). Each year up to 20 different nationalities are represented!
The Master in Advanced European and International Studies (MAEIS) is targeted at students who have completed their undergraduate studies. The programme gives an opportunity to get a multi-faceted view on Europe, to discuss achievements and problems of the European integration process and to develop ways to handle them.
Subject Areas: International Relations, European Integration, Economy and Globalization, Federalism and Governance.
The programme is taught by academics from various European countries, as well as experts from research institutions and international organizations, high-ranking civil servants, and diplomats. Students thus get insight into the daily work pattern of these practitioners. At the same time a lot of emphasis is put on student's individual research.
The first and the last term take place in Nice, the second term is taught in Berlin, including a one week stay at our partner university in Rostock. A study trip to the European and international institutions in Strasbourg, Den Haag, Brussels and Geneva as well as a seminar at our partner university in Rome complete the programme.
Students who successfully complete the programme receive at the end of the academic year two certifications:
* The Master in Advanced European and International Studies. This is the diploma of the CIFE, certifying the successful completion of the academic curriculum and granting 60 ECTS credits at Master level.
* The degree qualification "Charge de Mission en Organizations Europeennes et Internationales" (Policy Officer in European and International organizations). This qualification is recognized by the French state. It is registered in the French national register of professional qualifications (RNCP), which lists all diplomas, degrees and professional titles recognized by France. The qualification is recognized as a degree at Master level (level 7 of the European qualifications Framework EQF).
Since its foundation in 1964 the Institute has taught over 2000 students from more than 100 countries.
This programme is realized with a special subvention by the European Union.
* A strongly international programme: located in three different countries (France/Nice, Germany/Berlin, Italy/Rome) and taught in three languages (English, French and German)
* A small selected body of students (max. 30) coming from up to 20 different countries
* Intensive preparation for professional life
* Simulation games
* Intercultural workshops
* German language course
* French language course
* Study trip to European and international organisations in Strasbourg, Brussels and Geneva
* Research for the Master's thesis under supervision of expert in the field