IMS Legal Professional Corporation Header Image IMS Legal Professional Corporation Header Image

IMS Consulting Intern Needed

Incredibly grateful to IMS

I would definitely recommend applying to this internship. The application process is very straight-forward, and upon program acceptance, visa assistance can also be provided. During the internship itself, I was incredibly amazed to find that the information I learned on a given day was not limited only to immigration documents and visa applications, but extended into further Japanese practice and workplace manners as well. Everyone here is always supportive and will constantly provide you with an opportunity to learn. As someone who one day hopes to find a US/Japan-related legal career, I found this opportunity to be beneficial to both my studies and in shaping my future aspirations. Overall, I had an amazing time and was able to gain far more that what I was originally expecting.

Great first internship experience

Interning at IMS this summer has been an extremely invaluable experience as I hope to work in a business environment someday that deals with Japan. IMS is a small consulting office in the heart of Tokyo that deals with many types of clients who wish to obtain different types of visas. I was a bit hesitant to apply for this internship because I am not very confident in my Japanese skills (I've studied it for several years in school but I did not grow up speaking it), but everyone was very patient with me and I was able to improve especially in my writing and translating skills. I was able to tackle many different types of work (translation, data entry, research, etc.) and I feel confident that I am meant to work in an office someday. Outside of the internship, there were several events planned where I could get to know everyone in the company and experience Japanese culture. IMS was very welcoming and I consider all the people in this office as my good friends.

This was a great experience

I interned at IMS last year in March 2014 for a total of two months. Going in I wasn't sure what to expect (I majored in French, not law), but I knew that I would rather do an internship in Japan than look for more part-time jobs. I'm no stranger to working in small offices, but I was still immediately put at ease by how comfortable everyone is with each other. The atmosphere among the staff members is supportive and very welcoming, and it definitely felt like a second hometown, even with as short as my program was. The office speaks mainly Japanese, but any time I had issues understanding or trying to make myself clear, they had no problems with switching to English temporarily. I learned so much in a "full-immersion experience," even compared to my study abroad in Sapporo a few years ago. I definitely recommend this internship.

Working at IMS was fantastic

I just finished interning at IMS, and I just need to say that what they have going is fantastic. They were completely accommodating to my academic interests and gave me work that has granted me invaluable work experience. It is not a large company but handles large-company work. As soon as I arrived, I was treated as one of the family, and, while shy at first, was included in any and all after work outings as well as trips with the company president. I was able to vastly improve my Japanese skills while experiencing real-world Japanese business situations. If you are looking for an internship experience in Japan but do not want to go through a placement company (I did Internship in Japan before... they were awful), definitely inquire.