OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

Study Mandarin and Travel in Various Cities in China

Extremely Worthwhile

I did the 4 week intensive Mandarin course in Beijing and it was extremely worthwhile. We know enough words to confidently get by on a daily basis. For example, I know what to say if I want to try something or if I want to buy something, whereas before I would just point or hope they understood English.

I know a variety of sentences which is very handy to have to engage in small talk and I can confidently hold a conversation with people now.

The classes are really interactive. You're not just sitting there in a chair listening to your teacher. You get to go up to the whiteboard and point at pictures related to the topic and you also play a number of games which made learning so much fun.

It isn't just about learning to speak Mandarin, now I can actually understand what people are saying or have an idea what they are talking about.

Provided a good foundation

I really wanted to learn some Chinese and even though it was just one month it was really worth doing it. I'd say I can speak about 400 words and so I can build a lot of sentences with that vocabulary.

From not knowing anything before it's a great feeling to be able to know so many words and have a conversation now. I really want to continue on and feel I have a good foundation to work from.

We had a few teachers, with classes separated into speaking and pronunciation. The teachers are well trained and I can see the improvement they we made as all the students were able to have conversations by the end of the course.

The teachers go through topics, give you new words and just guide you through each lesson. As the lessons continued, we would combine our existing vocabulary with the new words which helped reinforce our learning. We also became really great friends with the teachers.

View detailed rating

The teachers were really nice

I think studying Mandarin through the Mandarin & Culture Program is a very good introduction to the Chinese language, you are able to achieve quick success. I had three teachers taking care of me in different areas which made it a very effective way to learn.

I had a great time there and the teachers are all really nice people who treated me like a friend.

View detailed rating

The most effective language course

Prior to my internship starting, I did the 10 week intensive Mandarin course. In a small class, the course was personal and the teaching staff was very helpful for whenever I needed assistance. I would have to say that this is the most effective language course I have ever taken. Now I can communicate the basic terms in Mandarin and I am ready to improve my Chinese on an everyday basis.

View detailed rating

One of my greatest experiences in life so far!

Having not spoken a word of Mandarin, in the first month in China I undertook a one-month intensive Mandarin course so I could get by in the country. My small class had only four people, which made learning quick and easy. It was also great to meet other people who were new to China.

Being able to get around on your own in a foreign country where limited English was spoken is a very rewarding feeling. I also used this opportunity to discover what China had to offer by visiting all the touristy spots.

My time in China has been one of the greatest experiences so far in my life. I honestly would like to thank the entire ImmerQi team for their support during my stay. In the future I plan to revisit China and maybe if the opportunity rises, live there. I highly recommend this program because of its great flexibility and reward you take after completion. (Finally I would like to say (I LOVE CHINA!).

View detailed rating

I learned a lot in 6 weeks!

Its scary to think that I came here and all I could say was hello and thank you, and now I can say all the stuff that I know how to say. Its a crazy thought that in 6 weeks you can learn a language so well that you can get around and be able to order at a restaurant and use public transportation. People ask me where are you from? and I can respond with Im American, I like to play basketball and Im going to go to Hong Kong next week to study business.

View detailed rating

The best thing I've done!

After I had completed my two months in China, people were amazed at how good my Mandarin was. The teachers are nice and very patient, which is great. The quality of teaching was of a high standard and learning was made to be fun. I thought the hardest thing would be adapting to the lifestyle in China however this was not the case, it was very easy. This program is a once in a life time experience and I hope that one day I can do it again. Going to China was the best thing I've done in my life!