ImmerQi Header Image ImmerQi Header Image

Hospitality Internships

Hospitality Internship

Great experience and great country to go to. I took the opportunity and it was just fantastic!
Cassie my supervisor became my best friend there and was always available to help me if I needed anything. The program was great, working in a 5 star boutique hotel in the Panda City of Chengdu, even though I did not speak much Chinese I felt my role in the hotel was very important and my work colleagues supported me whenever I needed help. ImmerQi organised also trips like the one we did to Beijing and we met other interns from other cities in China. I will be back soon! I wil always be thankful to ImmerQi.

Enjoy the little things

My experience in Beijing has been amazing. I have been here for 5 months and I never thought I would enjoy it this much, since China was not my first choice. Looking back, I am really happy I came to China. My time here has taught me to be more independent, able to communicate with people from a completely different culture and to just enjoy the little things in the big city. I feel like I have become more mature during this experience and if I had the chance to do it again, I would. Of course not everything has been amazing, there are a lot of (cultural) challenges which is normal since it is so different from what I was used to. But when you overcome certain problems, you feel extra proud of yourself! I am very grateful for this opportunity, all the amazing people I have met and all the things I have gotten to experience. I have enjoyed it to the fullest and time flew by so I guess I will have to come back pretty soon ;) Thanks ImmerQi for this amazing journey!

Enjoying every minute in fabulous and busy Beijing

I stayed in Beijing for 6 months and it was an amazing experience. Totally different culture, people and their approach to others. It was a big challenge which is not easy, but nothing is easy in life, right? During the work in the hotel, my colleagues was mainly Chinese and it was challenging not only because of language, but also because of their way of thinking. I knew that it will be tough, but on the other hand I will be more flexible in working with different people.
The ImmerQi is doing a great job with providing the assistance in any kind of situations, anytime you need. It is the example how the company suppose to work for the customers. I feel like I am not only the customer, but the being among friends. Everyone is willing, even they ask me why I don't need so much support from them, hehehe :) We are going often to meet with other interns as well as staff from ImmerQi, so it makes me feel as much comfortable as I can. If I feel lonely I just call Jodi ( hahaha). :)
The Beijing and life in here is remarkable, people are very straightforward, if they like you they will smile to you and say hi, if not they are not going even to look at you. It is very cosmopolitan city where I find many different kinds of restaurants, bars, clubs. I feel it is becoming more western city, which is good and bad. On one way, sometimes I don't feel it is truly China and Asia, but on the other hand, the cultural shock is easier to handle.
Totally, the program assisted me in everything, they provided me with anything I need to settle in China and get used to it as soon as possible. Also, it is a good opportunity to get experience professionally and as a tourist, dealing with diverse people, travelling around, experiencing China and participating in the events I like. I found here everything I need to live and reach my career goals and ImmerQi was one of the main supporters and advisers deciding my future. I will be always thankful to them.