ImmerQi Header Image ImmerQi Header Image

Finance, Accounting and Insurance Internships

My investment banking internship in Beijing

I absolutely loved my experience here in Beijing! I worked in a investment/merchant bank and I had the possibility to "touch with my hands" the chinese business World. I made reports used by my boss in official negotiations, I attended meetings with senior investment bankers, I became familiar with financial models and I understood what really means to create a joint venture.
Beijing is a pretty cool city (in my opinion, it's better than Shanghai!): it offers every kind of service and, if you want, you can find easily western shops and restaurant. Life there is so good and so cheap, everything is affordable.
The service offered by ImmerQi was simply perfect: very good accomodation, excellent help to impact a new culture and a very good organization about my internship. ImmerQi staff gave us the possibility to attend many events, from networking events (through one of ImmerQi chinese contacts, I was invited to travel to Tianjin to visit a local car factory together with Swiss and German offials) to cultural trips (like Great Wall and Summer Palace) and sportive days (I really enjoyed "rockclimbing day"!). ImmerQi people were always nice with me and a lot of time we went out together for a dinner or simply a drink after work: they were (and are) more friends than managers!
In the end, I suggest to everyone to join this program and these wonderful people! It will be an experiece you could not forget!

Finance intern at Chinese Chamber of Commerce

It was really a good experience, good job, good life, good networking. It was a really immersion in the chinese life and I have tried the local culture and I have met a lot of interesting people. The job was interesting I have had the opportunity to enjoy a lot of business meeting and conference. The office was situated in the financial district and I have had also the opportunity to travel across China. I have been to Shanghay and to the Great Wall. The accomodation was nice and well situated.

Gained Invaluable insight!

As a finance intern, I was able to gain invaluable insight into Chinas growing economy and maturing financial system. It really is an exciting place to be. ImmerQi was a great gateway into China. This is a program I would recommend to anyone looking for some real experience in China.

China, a wonderfull experience

The China experience was amazing. Before coming here I had only a general picture of China as a great economic power with a rich culture. This internship was a great way to experience the Chinese live and culture. The first weeks I was a little in chock, the culture and the language is so different. ImmerQi has assisted me very well from the start.They provided me a comfortable location in the center of beijing which was really nice. They brougth me into contact with other interns staying in Beijing, which is great because you first don't know anyone. This group was very important for me, we have experienced night live together and had many other activities. We always took a couple of drinks at moghitoman, which was really cheap and after that we went clubing, to LIV, Vplus, Spark, which was great.

During the week I worked as a Intern for Chamber of commerce of the Private Sector.(CICCPS). This turned out to be a great fit, were I learned allot about the Chinese Way of doing business. I experienced that the Chinese economy is still developing very quickly and that the Chinese are very eager to create opportunities and are very adaptive to change. They want to set up businesses very quickly. Planning for long term is a bit difficult for them, they will hop from one opportunity to the other. For China in general the economy is developing very quickly with a important roll for the government, which is takes essential part in the chinese life, other than what I'm used to in Europe. But also China has allot of challenges to overcome. The smog is a real problem, and western technologies are needed to enhance the healthcare system, further They face an ageing population, and some problems to feed the growing populations.

During my stay at CICCPS I have had interesting meetings with clients, visited conferences and had a great three days business trip to one of China's economic zones. Thus this internship was the perfect fit for me.

From living in China I learned that the
Chinese people are a bit reserved, so you have to try first to get in contact, but in my experience most of them are very friendly. The chinese food was really nice and very cheap. The smog is the only real bad thing, but with a mask you will be fine.

Overall it was a great experience. Thank you immerQi and the other interns, you made this an experience I'll never forget.