Practice your English and learn about American work culture by taking classes and working as an unpaid intern at an American company. Intern must be willing to work 20-40 hours a week for six weeks. Internship placement guaranteed. American companies pay transportation to and from work for intern.
Why Illinois Institute of Technology's Professional Learning Programs?
* Choose from a variety of programs designed to enable all students to achieve their study abroad goals.
* Learn English and American Culture in English classes designed for the ESL learner (English as a Second Language).
* Take three Business or Technology classes per semester in an English speaking environment.
* Participate in an internship at an American organization for six weeks.
* Apply to IIT's undergraduate programs or ITM and INTM Master's Programs and continue your study at IIT after your designated program. I-20 and some credits from International Program will transfer into degree program after individual is accepted.
* Work with native Chicagoans and meet other students from all over the world.
* Experience the third largest city in America.
* Learn about a new city with a very diverse culture and history.
* Explore the Lake Front and beaches of the city that borders Lake Michigan.
* Expand your knowledge through visiting the world famous museums.
* Enhance your tastes by trying the global cuisine found in a very diverse city with famous chefs and restaurants.
* Sightsee and shop in a city that is very friendly and easy to navigate.