United States: Chicago
Practice your English and learn about American work culture by taking classes and working as an unpaid intern at an American company. Intern must be willing to work 20-40 hours a week for six weeks. Internship placement guaranteed. American companies pay transportation to and from work for intern.
Why Illinois Institute of Technology's Professional Learning Programs?
* Choose from a variety of programs designed to enable all students to achieve their study abroad goals.
* Learn English and American Culture in English classes designed for the ESL learner (English as a Second Language).
* Take three Business or Technology classes per semester in an English speaking environment.
* Participate in an internship at an American organization for six weeks.
* Apply to IIT's undergraduate programs or ITM and INTM Master's Programs and continue your study at IIT after your designated program. I-20 and some credits from International Program will transfer into degree program after individual is accepted.
* Work with native Chicagoans and meet other students from all over the world.
* Experience the third largest city in America.
* Learn about a new city with a very diverse culture and history.
* Explore the Lake Front and beaches of the city that borders Lake Michigan.
* Expand your knowledge through visiting the world famous museums.
* Enhance your tastes by trying the global cuisine found in a very diverse city with famous chefs and restaurants.
* Sightsee and shop in a city that is very friendly and easy to navigate.
Fall, Spring, Summer, Academic Year
Semester and Summer Programs
Must be enrolled in the program through the Professional Learning Programs at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT).
- Business Admin, Management
- Computer Science
- Engineering (Chemical)
- Engineering (Civil)
- Graphic Design
- Information Systems
- International Trade
- Public Admin, Public Pol, Govt
- Web Design
- Computer Science / It
- English As A Second Language
- Internship Programs
Cost in US$:
Please contact us!
This Program is open to
Typical Living Arrangements
- Group living
- Independent living
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
Typically The Application Process Time is
2 to 3 Weeks
Post Services Include
- Job and Internship Network