Iko Poran Volunteer Abroad - IKPVA Header Image Iko Poran Volunteer Abroad - IKPVA Header Image

Most Affordable Sports Development Program in Brazil

Rio capoeira sports develop project an experience I'll never forget

First time I travelled alone internationally I was excited and nervous but the journey was amazing! Felipe picked me up at the airport in Rio and took me to the accommodation where on the first day I could already feel home, Rio is beautiful the people always happy and positive and accept anyone with much love and acceptance, it was a life changing experience , which no one can take away , the capoeira is amazing and traditional!!! and the mestre inspiring, with free time I gladly helped other volunteers , saw Rio and made friends for life! I will never forget this experience I had the time of my life with the most amazing people I've ever met and will do it again!

Time of my life!!!!

I was really nervous before arriving in Rio as it was my first time volunteering and also my first time travelling alone. I remember sitting in the car with Felipe, the Coordinator General of Iko Poran, and I was telling him how nervous I was, to which he told me "There is nothing to worry about, you're going to have the time of your life."

He couldn't have been more right! Everything about Rio was amazing. The volunteering program itself was really fun and eye-opening. The other volunteers I met were amazing! Rio really is a cidade maravilhosa. Most of all, Felipe and Iko Poran were amazing. The organisation and care they took for us volunteers were good, and I would recommend Iko Poran to anyone!!