15 Honiss Place Suite #1 Newark, New Jersey 07104 United States
India: Puducherry (Pondicherry)
Fall, Spring, Academic Year
Imagine waking up each morning and reminding yourself, "Wow, I'm in India!"
Come and explore a country with a 5,000 year-old civilization, where mouthwatering curries, philosophical debates and morning yoga become part of your daily routine.
The Semester in India Program (SIP) provides you the opportunity to live and breathe India every waking day. Our program is unique in its design, emphasizing academic independence and cultural immersion. Students directly enroll at Pondicherry University (PU) in South India. Our students immerse themselves in popular classes like Classical Yoga, Hinduism and Its Practices and Postcolonial Literature.
PU is located in the city of historic Pondicherry, a charming coastal city with an imprint of French culture and seaside villas. English, French, Tamil and Hindi are commonly spoken in this scenic part of India, where Indian and Western cultures co-exist in harmony.
Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
Fall: July - November (Deadline: May 30)
Spring: January - May (Deadline: October 30)
As a non-profit organization, our goal is to make studying abroad in India affordable. For the Spring semester (mid January to early May), the SIP program fee of USD 6,400 includes:
* Five courses leading to 15 semester credits (fully transferable to your home college) with full breadth of fascinating subject areas including Ecology and Biodiversity, India Studies, Indian Languages, Performing Arts, Yoga, and Tropical Sciences
* Brand new Foreign Students Hostel with breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily
* A 10-day tour of South India
* Two full days of interactive tropical biodiversity and alternative medicine seminars
* Pre-travel orientation, visa assistance, transportation from Chennai International Airport to Pondicherry and cultural orientation
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
USD 6,400 / semester
* Transportation to and from Chennai Airport to the University
* Orientation program upon arrival to India and at Pondicherry University
* Housing and meals at the University
* Tuition fees, registration fees, and examination charges
* IISAC's Experience South India Tour
* IISAC sponsored field trips, excursions, and cultural activities
* Pondicherry University transcript sent to student's home institution
* Pre-Departure Handbook
* Student Handbook
* USD 25 Application fee
* USD 350 Entry deposit
American, Australian, Canadian and European Participants.
Independently or in Groups
Independently or in Groups
The International Institute for Scientific and Academic Collaboration (IISAC) is a non-profit organization. We seek to build global citizens by promoting interaction among students and professionals in the international community. IISAC focuses on preparing young minds in the U.S. and abroad to face the complex and unprecedented challenges of the 21st century. We empower them to develop their academic abilities and accept leadership responsibilities in this fast-changing world. Specifically, the objectives of IISAC are: To provide consultation in higher education and networking opportunities for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students with other peers, young professionals, established scientists, and professors; To identify young talent and develop them into full-fledged leaders in areas of technology, science, business, social sciences, and humanities; and, To develop partnerships and friendships with educational and research institutions for collaborative research, technology transfer, educational exchange, and consultation.