if i could... Internship Programme Header Image if i could... Internship Programme Header Image

Social Work Internship

Art Education in Cape Town

I contacted If I Could... and I was impressed by how fast they responded, got back to me about my loads of questions for them and their program, and began the process of finding an internship placement for me. I chickened out at first, and didn't go for my original placements...a month and a half went by and I emailed them back asking if perhaps we could try again, maybe they can find more options that might feel like a better fit...again they were back at it trying to find a placement that would feel just right. That's when they sent me the description of an internship opportunity with The Lalela Project. They set up and interview through Skype and I believe it was two weeks later I was getting on the plane and heading down to Cape Town, South Africa! Everything was set up, accommodation, a ride from the airport, and introduction to the other interns working for Lalela, but also a group of other interns If I Could... had placed at other NGOs. They organized the whole thing and made it a very smooth transition to life in Cape Town. I stayed for two months and wished I could have stayed longer! Thank you If I Could... for making my internship experience in Cape Town so easy and so positive!

Art Education in Cape Town, South Africa

My three months spent interning with an arts education non profit in Cape Town, South Africa were incredibly humbling, fulfilling and down right amazing thanks to the placement by the If I Could... program. From the beginning stages of interviews and visa applications to now - two years later - I have felt supported and encouraged by If I Could throughout the entire journey. As an intern I was invited to group outings, taken to my housing from the airport, and in constant communication with If I Could. Now as an alumni I receive newsletters and updates about events happening in Cape Town and new program developments. If I Could... is a great company that provides authentic internship placements with organizations doing important work.

Global health internship

I had a great opportunity with if I could... This internship helped me get another internship, directed my career towards research design and evaluation and helped me get my corrent job. I was able to see a lot of Cape Town and meet some people I would not have otherwise met. I did not work on a team, however, so the day to day was a little isolating. If I could was really great in helping me find my way around and get settled.