IES Internships participant inside a stadium IES Internships participant inside a stadium

IES Internships - London Summer Internship

Best summer of my life

Choosing to study abroad with IES Internships was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The IES internships job placement process went well, with the staff in the Chicago office working diligently to find students the perfect placement. As a journalism major, I ended up interning at a luxury lifestyle magazine. The office was small, but this meant I was incredibly involved, publishing content daily and attending a plethora of events - gaining the experience I will need later when I join the workforce. I really enjoyed the class component of the program, which met twice weekly for the 6 credit course. The class helped fine-tune the skills I was learning at my internship placement, and it also deepened my cultural understanding. My professor for my class was excellent, as well as the on-site staff in London. There is no greater city in the world, and working in London was truly the best part. I was immersed fully in the culture by working there, more so than if I had just taken classes. I cannot recommend this program enough if you're looking to study abroad but also want to gain real working experience!

Best summer ever

Getting the opportunity to intern and study in London, England was the greatest experience of my life. I was able to gain experience in my field of interest across the globe as well as make great personal as well as professional connections. The knowledge and skills I gained through my internship experience are so relevant and will stick with me throughout my professional career, and help me stand out in the job world.
IES is one of the best programs that I have ever been a part of. They only have one thing on their mind and it is their students, and making sure they have the best experience ever. The staff is so kind and willing to help students in whatever way that they can. They know the city so well and really go out of there way to pair everyone with a perfect internship for them, and help them to maximize their experience will in London.
The program not only gave me an amazing professional experience, but a personal one as well. I was able to live in London for 2 months, which allowed me to really immerse myself in the city and its culture. I was able to see so many amazing things from Buckingham Palace and the Royal Family to taking a trip to Barcelona Spain. The memories I have from this trip will last a lifetime and the cultural experience I gained will be so useful. I can't thank or praise IES enough for giving me such an amazing experience and going out of their way to make sure all their students have the best time.

The best summer of my life

My internship through IES was by far the best personal and professional experience of my life. London had been my dream since I was a little girl. It was amazing to work and study in a place filled with rich culture and deep history. London has some of the greatest educational opportunities, such as museums, landmarks, architecture, literature, and historical sites. My internship helped me fine-tune the skills I already had and develop new ones. The different cultural setting and meeting new people is one of the best ways to help with connections down the road in a career. My work experience in another country has provided me with transferable skills that I will use throughout my whole life. My internship, combined with the IES seminar, provided me with the knowledge, experience, and confidence in my career field that can set me apart form others. London is truly a magical place. By working and studying in London, I have made new friends from all over the world, tasted culture from across the globe, and had the most memorable moments of my life. I cannot wait until my next opportunity to go back to London.

Great opportunity!

Having the opportunity to intern in London this summer was one of the best experiences of my life. During my time in London I grew professionally, personally, expanding my knowledge and understanding of the British culture, and allowing me to see myself in a different way.

My local IES centre placed me within a mental health and wellness centre for the summer. Before this internship I hadn't thought much about going into the healthcare side of psychology but now I am considering it. Through my internship I was able to interact and build professional relationships with British natives and even quite a few London natives. I was also able to travel to different places around London and even Southern England with my co-workers and clients from the centre. Further, I was able to travel with my IES centre to famous places around London, as well as England. The seminar we took allowed me to become more culturally aware and to successfully communicate with my co-workers, which was pertinent to my internship. Overall, my time in London was an extremely wonderful opportunity for me!

The Best Decision!

Interning in London this past summer was easily one of the best decisions and experiences of my life. I was able to develop professionally, expand my cultural knowledge, explore a diverse and historically rich city and discover myself in a new light.

IES provided me with the perfect internship placement that offered me insight into the marketing, operations, administration and producing departments of an acting company. I was able to work with each of these fields within the company and learn about the logistics of running a successfull business. My internship placement also allowed me to interact with co-workers native to London and the surrounding England areas. I was able to develop personal relationships with each one of my co-workers and experience the London culture first-hand through them. Furthermore, in the class offered by IES, I was able to reflect deeper about what it means to be culturally intelligent. The IES staff members were all very knowledgeable and passionate about cross-cultural education, which enhanced our learning in class and our overall experience. Besides working, the program provided us with the perfect amount of time to explore the city and various parts of England as well. They provided field trips for students and organized local excursions to ensure we made the most of our experience. One field trip they planned was to Wimbledon, which was definitely a highlight of my trip!

Overall, this internship pushed me to be more confident, culturally aware and adaptable to new situations. I met incredible people, ate exquisite food, explored breathtaking cities and monuments and sparked a desire live a global life. I would definitely say interning with IES is a must do!

Incredible internship experience in London

I could not have asked for a better summer. There is an insurmountable amount of activities and things that you can explore in London. Even after two months of being in London, I still found new things to do every day. London is such a diverse environment- walking along the streets you can hear up to 10 different languages being spoken. Even in my work place we had people from multiple countries. It was incredible to see how everyone interacted with each other given their different backgrounds. Overall, the people at my internship were absolutely incredible and I still keep in touch with many of them today. It was amazing to be able to learn about how they do business and also sharing with them the different methods of business that we use in the United States.

In addition, being able to tell people that I have had work experience abroad has been extremely helpful during the recruiting process back at my university. Not only am I able to say that I have gained a new global business perspective but I also got hands-on exposure and was able to study the British and EU culture.

Working and studying in London this summer

I had the best summer of my life in London. This was a place I had wanted to go since first reading Harry Potter when I was a child and it did not disappoint. London has so much to offer and you will never run out of things to do. If you want to explore a free museum, relax at a park, or make your way down to Leister Square to see a West End show, London has it all. Even with taking the 6-credit seminar and having an internship, I had ample time to explore. One of my favorite parts was that my internship was right next to Kensington Gardens, where I could eat lunch everyday and enjoy the wonderful view. I met the most amazing people at my internship and learned a lot of new things to take back with me to America. The seminar was twice a week, but did not take up much time outside of that. It was very interesting to learn about different cultures and it really opened my eyes to what is out there. The IES abroad staff was very friendly and would help with anything that I needed. I really enjoyed this experience and recommend everyone study abroad if they have a chance.

My Time in London

This was absolutely the best time of my life without a doubt. I had an internship where I was able to learn a lot about my major but also about doing business abroad. I gained so much self awareness that only studying in a different wouldn't have provided. I received a lot of great insights about the city from my co-workers and constantly explored the city. The actual seminar part of the program was great, it was twice a week and really made you think about not only your internship and experiences but other people in different industries experiences and internships. The IES staff was great, when I got sick they took me to the doctors and helped with all of the insurance which really made the whole process easy. London is a great city to be in and I would choose the city and IES ten times out of ten.

A Summer in London

This summer, I had the opportunity to intern in London. It was such a great mix of professional and personal development. I was able to learn how to work in a real business as well as adapting to a new culture.

London is one of those cities that really pushes you to walk and explore. There is just so much art to London. Sometimes, I would catch myself just staring at its buildings and architecture. An amazing experience was taking a walking tour of Arsenal's Fly Emirates Stadium. I have been passionate about soccer for a long time, and being on the pitch was one of the best feelings of my summer. Queen Elizabeth Park was a fantastic park that I highly recommend for anyone. I went on a Sunday and was able to witness how people spend their family time. There was cultural food and live performances. The energy of the people really excited me for the rest of the week.

London had great weather for most of my stay. One of my favorite days during my time abroad was Friday. After getting out of class around 1, I would have the rest of the day to myself. I would walk with some friends from the IES Center to Piccadilly Circus to Green Park. Green Park was located right in the heart of London's busiest streets. You could see business people coming outside and hanging out. Buckingham Palace is another beautiful sight to sit down and get inspired.