IES Abroad participants in Sydney Opera IES Abroad participants in Sydney Opera

IES Internships - Dublin Summer Internship

Six unforgettable weeks

Finding my great grandfather's house in Dublin was a really amazing part of my trip. I walked for three miles down the River Liffey and up into a neighborhood to find it.

UT works closely with IES and the program had everything I wanted- the chance to live in Dublin and work in journalism for a summer.

I lived in a house with three other girls in a really posh neighborhood in Dublin. The city is pretty compact, so everything was within walking distance, and we had the best pizza place in the city five minutes away.

Six unforgettable weeks

I'd always wanted to go to Ireland and wanted a summer internship, so I killed two birds with one stone and participated in this summer program with IES. I got to use my journalism skills working at a radio station and had the opportunity to work with production and record and edit my own interviews. My schedule was flexible, so I had plenty of time to explore Dublin and travel on weekends. It was by far the most amazing six weeks of my life and I wish I could repeat my experience this summer!