IES Abroad participants in Sydney Opera IES Abroad participants in Sydney Opera

IES Abroad Rome - Language & Area Studies Summer Program

Rome sweet home

When I think back on my semester at IES Rome it feels like a dream. I would have never imagined spending 4 months living down the street from the Vatican, walking along some of Rome’s most iconic views on my way to school. The way IES is organized really made us feel like we were a part of the eternal city. Our lessons were held both in and out of the classroom. Professors taught class in museums, government buildings, villas, and many more interesting places that really gave us a new understanding of what we had read about in our textbooks. Though the program is American based the professors and staff are all Italian. Along with suggestions on what to do and where to go from professors, the center sent out weekly emails telling us about things that were happening in and around the city. After 4 months with IES I truly felt that Rome is another place I can call home!

To Rome with Love

IES Abroad inspired me to explore the Eternal City and develop my independence through weekly updates on the happenings around town and the thoughtful arrangement of my homestay. Rome has so much to offer; and IES encouraged its students to attend events in the city, visit new art exhibitions, and explore peripheral neighborhoods. My homestay experience was wonderful; I wouldn't have changed a thing. Although it is an American program, IES truly helped me immerse myself in Italian culture.

Fun experience abroad

I had a very good experience with this program. At times the administration could be a bit confusing, but it was never a major problem. The Italian Student Companion living situation is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. They help you figure out life in the city and you have a much more culturally immersed experience.