IES Abroad participants in Sydney Opera IES Abroad participants in Sydney Opera

IES Abroad Nice Direct Enrollment - SKEMA

Experience of a Lifetime

There are no words to express how grateful I am for my experiences abroad. I attended SKEMA business school and I was the first IES student to do so. Therefore, I lived in Nice for two weeks with a host family in order to attend orientation and get to know the other IES students. This was a wonderful thing that IES did for me because I was able to quickly make friends as well as culturally immerse myself through my host family. The IES program in Nice is fairly new and the staff was open to our ideas and suggestions. They quickly became like family to us as students. The city of Nice offers so much. It's a perfect French city, rich in culture and small enough to feel like home but big enough to keep you busy exploring. The views are stunning and the entire French Riviera becomes your playground thanks to the wonderful public transportation systems. I moved to Antibes in September in order to start school at SKEMA. IES helped me connect with SKEMA alumni in order to feel more comfortable in my new home. It was great because I had my best friends 25 minutes away in Nice and I had more best friends 10 minutes away in Antibes. SKEMA was also wonderful. Although the education system and styles of teaching may differ from what you are used to, there are many amazing professors who are willing to help and get to know you. Also, the students are very friendly and even have a buddy program in order to make the exchange students feel more comfortable. SKEMA has a huge exchange program so I was able to create friendships with students from all over the world that I will cherish forever. All in all, my experience with IES Abroad was one of the best experiences of my entire life and I grew as a person and learned about myself and the French culture. I was also able to visit many countries and meet some of my best friends. I would recommend this program to any individuals who are willing to go out of their comfort zone for the best experience possible.