IES Abroad participants in Sydney Opera IES Abroad participants in Sydney Opera

IES Abroad Nice DE – Université Nice Sophia Antipolis

The nicest place in France

I honestly had the time of my life while studying abroad through this IES program. My directors were friendly, helpful, and always encouraging. We got to learn and experience the new culture together, as well, considering I was a part of the second semester EVER to happen with IES in Nice. Through all of the twists and turns of culture shock, my directors were there--I definitely will never be able to thank them enough for that.

As for Nice itself, the city is absolutely incredible. I was never out of things to do, see, or explore, and I honestly cannot wait to go back someday. From the food to the sea to the mountains to the convenience of having an airport just a short bus ride away, Nice is the perfect location for travel bugs.

A semester in Nice

The IES program in Nice is excellent overall. The only thing I wished it had were internship opportunities. I am a French major with an education background and I would have liked to get experience in a classroom abroad. I was disappointed by that lacking aspect, but I understand that this is still a new program and internship relations are things that may take time. Despite that, AMAZING administration, fantastic trips, and I love their other immersive opportunities, like the Direct Enrollment in the Université de Nice.