IES Abroad  Header Image IES Abroad  Header Image

IES Abroad Berlin - Metropolitan Studies Semester Program

IES provided me with an amazing opportunity to really discover what living abroad is like. Having a great homestay and really helpful staff created one of the greatest experiences of my life. Our program also included week long stays in both Saint Petersburg and Istanbul, 2 cities that are very different interesting and also places I normally wouldn't have visited on my own. Besides our groups trips, independent travel was easy and cheap, especially since we didn't have classes on Fridays. Everyone at IES was ready to help whenever it was needed, whether it was a quick response to an email or an opinion from staff members at the center. Having homestays throughout the city encouraged all of us in the program to go out and explore new parts of the city, made even easier by Berlin's great public transportation. Berlin was the ideal place to study abroad in because it's cheap, filled with so much fascinating history, populated with very friendly people and full of really cool museums, bars and clubs. My time in Germany really made me more independent and less worried about what others think of me. There's always something going on somewhere in the city so you'll always want to spend time out exploring. I wouldn't change my experience for anything and I highly recommend taking part in this program!