IES Abroad (Institute for the Int'l Education of Students)http://www.iesabroad.org/Nantes
33 West Monroe Street Suite 2300 Chicago, IL 60603 United States
Fall, Spring, Academic Year
September to May
Since 1950, IES has been building quality study abroad programs and introducing U.S. students to new places, studies, and ways of thinking. A non-profit educational organization, IES offers high academic standards and extensive financial aid in almost 30 programs throughout the world.
Founded in 1965, the IES Abroad Nantes Program offers the opportunity to integrate fully into local culture and function completely in French. With wonderful opportunities to share in the daily life of a French family while taking advantage of the large choice of high-level university course offerings in a city where few Anglophones can be found, you will return home enriched and transformed by your stay.
The sixth largest city of France, Nantes is small enough to allow you to feel at home but large enough to be a bustling cultural and economic center. As the only permanent American study abroad program in Nantes, IES Abroad Nantes offers you ample opportunity to practice your French. IES Abroad's close relationship with the Université de Nantes will provide you with many opportunities for enrolling in university courses, interacting with local students, and participating in student activities.
- IES Abroad French Language courses in grammar, conversation, and phonetics.
- IES Abroad area studies courses in Art History, Economics, History, International Relations, Literature/Theater, Political Science, and Sociology.
- French-taught courses at local universities.
- Teaching Internships.
- Live in a homestay and gain valuable linguistic and cultural exposure.
- Enjoy IES Abroad-sponsored field trips to the châteaux of the Loire Valley, the abbey of Mont Saint-Michel, Saint Malo, Caen, Normandy, Vannes and the vineyards of the Nantes region.
- Benefit from a strict "French Only" language policy.
- Meet local students through the IES Abroad Social Coordinator (a local university student) who arranges Franco-American social encounters and a weekly conversation club for French and IES Abroad students.
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
4 college-level semesters of French
Please inquire for more info.
Typically, the IES Program fee include tuition, orientation, selected field trips, housing, international health insurance, visa processing, the IES Get Set! Guide, and the IES Family Guide.
Please inquire for more information.