OTHER PROGRAM DIRECTORIES

IES Abroad Berlin - Language & Area Studies Semester/Year Program

10 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

Life Redefined

Snowshoeing in the Swiss Alps. I had never gone snow shoeing before and absolutely loved it! It was such a workout, but the view of the black forest from the top of the Alps was priceless!

I chose IES Abroad Freiburg because I wanted a full immersion program that would improve my German language skills. I got so much more than that!

I lived in a nice flat about a 15 min strassen bahn or bike ride from the IES center. I lived with 4 other roommates, both male and female, who all studied at the university and spoke German. My roomm was a nice size and came with a desk, desk chair, bed, linens, wardrobe, small safe, shelf, and mirrior. The flat had 2 large refigerators and 2 large bathrooms. Everyone in my flat was very nice and I made great friends with my roommates. The building was also very close to a large nice park where I spent a lot of time running or just hanging with friends. Grocery stores were also close by within a 5 minute walking distance.

8 Overall Rating

View detailed rating

Falling in love with a city and a language

My 5 month experience with IES was incredible. I was able to improve my language abilities by taking all of my classes in German. Most of the students do home stays but you can tailor your experience with the family to be whatever you prefer. The program organizers do a great job of catering to your needs in all aspects. Furthermore the location couldn't be better. The office is right in the center of the city and Berlin itself is incredible at every corner. You can't go wrong with this program as it provides so many options for students to make the most of their experience.