Idex Header Image Idex Header Image

Thailand Volunteer and Travel Program by Idex

Kindergarten

Hi, my name is Raivan. I am at the Ubonluck Kindergarten in Chiang Mai. I really enjoy this program because it allows me to be involved first hand with child care in the Thailand culture. Which will affect how i see things in the child care setting back home in Canada. This is an amazing opportunity and experience that will stay with me forever! Thank you!

the best experience

I am working in Ban Pong Noi School in a teaching program, and I loved the kids and this different experience because I learn a new thing every day with this culture and this person that I met here. The accommodation have a good structure and the staff are very welcoming. I will remember forever those eight weeks I lived here.

Elderlyhome

Susanne & Ulla
The Elderlyhome is fantastic, and the staff is so wonderfull to us. We learn a lot. The idex staff in Thailland is very helpfull and nice. And we enjoy having our own Guesthouse, course we are older and don't need the social life the younger wants to have.

Very nice experience

My experience was amazing because I could learn about a new culture and make new friends. My project was with monks in University. I could develop new abilities with projects because I practiced my English, learned about Buddhism and taught English and about my culture and some topic.

volunteering in Chiang Mai (childcare project)

It was my first time EVER travelling outside Europe but for some reason I wasn't nervous because Idex informed me well with a lot of documentation, therefore I knew what I could expect and was prepared well.

Kindergarten Experience

My volunteering experience in Thailand was only for two weeks, but even though was one of the best experiences ever!
I've been doing the work with children from Bon Pong Noi school and the kids were really great and the teacher was really nice letting me do all the activities I've planned.
The accommodation and the staff people were really really nice, supporting the activities, offering day trips, advising and always helping with good tips for city activities.
The coolest part is that everybody is here with the same purpose: helping the others. So I've meet great people, could share a lot of life experiences and we got our incredible experiences here together!
And definitely the best reward a volunteer could have is the love from its students!

Tulio - English teacher

My experience in thailand was wonderful, i was my first time that a had the opportunity to be a teacher and i am sure that my students gave more knowledge to me that i gave to them, the camp is very good to be, and our supervisors Chanyna and Gayatri are so friendly and committed to give us the best they can. i am very happy.

Daytrip to a National Park

We went to a National Park with our school teacher who invited us to join her and her family. We rode to Mae Sa National Park which is situated a bit outside of Chiang Mai. It was lots of fun and a great landscape! We walked around the waterfalls and explored the National Park.
It was a great experience and great memories too.

Wat Chang Kian Project

Coming to Thailand was such a big change from my day to day life in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. To see the change that even a smile can do in your project is really overwhelming. When we share knowledge the cultural and language differences don't matter. I couldn't be happier with my choice, and how it has changed me.
Everything, from the people to the staff help overcome any troubles that we might find, and the accomodation is better than i would expect.
If I could i would stay longer, so i could see even more the development of my students :)

Eye opening experience

Learning about a different culture and being able to experience it really contributes to ones personal development. What I especially enjoy is being integrated in the local community and being far away from tourism.

Traveling in Thailand

My time in Thailand have been such a good experience.
When I came here I thought that we had to work a lot and didn't had so much leisure, but it's a good combination of both things. One of the most greatest things is that it's not only Thailand and the culture here I learn much about. Here in this camp we come from a lot of different countries, so we're learning so much about each others cultures. We're talking about what we're eating and how we do things in the different countries. So if your thinking about being a volunteer and traveling with IDEX, you should know that it's not only work, you also get a lot of new friends from all over the world.

Amazing Experience

The child care program was a good surprise for me. The opportunity to teach english to the kids and learn a little bit of Thai in the process was amazing. The culture and the people of this country makes you fall in love with them everyday. The staff of IDEX here makes you feel at home and help you in everything you need.

Good experience by Paloma Czapla in Child Care

I enjoyed the experience but have somethings that I don't like, example, the money that we gave for the organization is expansive and we don't know if one part of this will be donation of the project/school.