Idex Header Image Idex Header Image

Sri Lanka Turtle Conservation Program

Volunteering with Turtles

IDEX made my trip to Sri Lanka very easy and enjoyable. Bhagi was with us throughout our trip and made all the new experiences very comfortable. Working with the turtles was awesome! I learned so much about them and their environments. It was the most fulfilling trip of my life! During the week my friend and I stayed with a host family who owned the turtle conservation project, and on the weekends we stayed at the volunteer house. Venushi and the rest of the staff made us feel right at home. We also got to do some sightseeing around the country. The whole experience was not only educational, but so fun! I would recommend this program to everyone!

Adventure of a lifetime

This volunteer experience was a once in a lifetime experience! When I came home everyone asked what my favorite part was and I just couldn't choose. I would have extended my stay two-fold if I had the option! The team members that we worked with were extremely welcoming and gracious. Working with the turtles was an amazing experience. I learned so much I never knew. The Idex staff was extremely helpful and always there to assist us. I met so many friends from numerous countries I will never forget! I recommend it to everyone I talk to about it!