Idex Header Image Idex Header Image

Elephant Village Community Project

The best experience of my life!

In 2014 I spent 5 weeks living in Jaipur and volunteering in the Elephant Village. It was the most incredible thing I have ever done! I felt so welcomed and loved by my host family (who made the best food and chai!) and got to know other volunteers from all over the world.
In addition, volunteering in the Elephant Village was amazing. The kids there are incredible to teach, and I learned and grew so much. During the day we had school, and when that was finished we got to help take care of the elephants (feeding, bathing, riding, etc.). I will never forget my time in this village or the bonds that I made with the people there. I loved it so much, in fact, that I am going back this summer.
On the weekends I got to travel around the country to places such as Udaipur and Gujarat. This gave me time to truly explore all that India has to offer. IDEX helped me to set up all of my extra excursions at a very reasonable price.
If there is one thing I know it is that IDEX truly cares about their volunteers and the communities they serve. I truly felt like I made an impact while volunteering, and I cannot wait to do it again!