ICN Teach & Travel Header Image ICN Teach & Travel Header Image

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

ICN Teach & Travel - Beijing/Shanghai

I taught for 3 years with ICN Teach and Travel. I spent my first year in Beijing but then after the first year I wanted a different scenery. Beijing was cool at first, all the touristic and ancient things to see such as the Great Wall of China. After the first year though that stuff gets old, literally lol. Shanghai is more my style since it was more international and modern. I felt like it had a lot of Europeans which I vibe well with. I like both places though for different reasons, some people definitely like Beijing more for their cultural hub feeling.

• ICN Teach & Travel responded to this review October 04, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Thanks so much for giving us a review!

• The School/Placement

• Pay and Benefits

• Teacher Support

Travel and Teach in China: Where have you been my whole life?!

For an older guy I wish I found this opportunity a long time ago. Thank God I found ICN Group as well to help match my preferences and take the time with me to get me interviews with options and different job offers. It was hard to decide where to locate to, for example Beijing or Shanghai, but they found me a great school just outside of Guangzhou teaching elementary school to the most greatest kids. The school itself was amazing, they trained and supported and even covered my TEFL and Visa. There were many expats in the school and area so made a lot of new friends as well as natives as well. The food, culture, travel, entertainment was amazing and ample, and very very inexpensive. And China is one of the safest places to live and teach. I choose free shared housing with another student which was a great experience, although I know some option could be to have your own private place. All the time throughout the year the folks at ICN group stayed in touch and made sure I was happy with my location, school, housing etc. I'm getting ready soon for my next opportunity, this time I'm gonna try Shanghai )) Jump in the waters fine.