* 140 hours of TEFL training (i-to-i will provide this training to you if you're not already qualified).
* To be able to arrive in China in January 2017 or August 2017 and stay for 5 months
Languages Used as a Medium of Teaching
Program Fees Include:
Here's what you get:
* A reputable internship setup for you 5 months in China and over 200 hours of practical teaching experience
* 24/7 in-country support + local support. This is where you'll see the benefit of traveling on an internship program. Our in-country partners are there to support you during your placement, whatever should happen. You'll also have a local contact at your school to help you with any issues
* Monthly spending allowance. You'll receive a monthly allowance of 2,000RMB + a 2,500 RMB bonus from your school at the end of your internship. This allowance will be prorated (if you were to work half a month, for example, you'll receive half a month's allowance). It's important to note that the cost of living in China is considerably lower than that in western parts of the world - a bottle of mineral water can cost less than 5RMB
* Accommodation + food provided. You'll live in a private bedroom in shared accommodation and receive all meals Mon - Fri at your school
* Comprehensive 14 day orientation in Beijing. We’ll run you through the essentials of living and teaching in China, including in-depth presentations and workshops to ensure you're ready to start teaching in China. You’ll also be provided with all of your meals during this period
* 2 days of practical TEFL training. When you arrive in China, i-to-i will provide you with the 20-hour Classroom Course right in Beijing this way you can be sure that these essential, practical skills stay fresh in your memory!
* Fun Mandarin lessons. You'll have 9 hours of Mandarin lessons during your orientation to give you basic language skills to enjoy day-to-day life in China
* 2 day tour. Including chance to see the Great Wall, the Bird's Nest Olympic Stadium, Tiananmen Square and the Summer Palace, all wrapped up with a Peking Duck dinner and acrobatic show!
* Airport pick up and transfers to your school
* Full visa assistance. Our partners will help arrange your visa for you, the visa fee is also included in the price of the internship!
* Optional end of internship trip to Tibet. Join your fellow interns on an exciting trip to Tibet - a great way to wrap up your time in China (there is an additional charge for this add-on)
* A network of new friends. You'll be joined by interns from the US, UK, CA, IE, AUS, NZ and you'll also definitely be placed with at least one other intern so you're not on your own - unless you want to be!
You'll receive a monthly allowance, a bonus from your school at the end of your internship, meals and accommodation and more!
This Program is open to
American, Australian, Canadian, European and Kiwi Participants.
Independently or in Groups
Typically Participants Work
Independently or in Groups
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network
- Job and Internship Network