i-to-i TEFL Courses & TEFL Jobs Abroadhttp://www.onlinetefl.com/tefl-china-guide...
Woodside House 261 Low Lane Horsforth Leeds, W.Yorks LS18 5NY England
Length of Position
If you speak English fluently, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is waiting for you in China!
You can join TTC's "Teach in China Internship" and spend up to 5 months teaching English while exploring China and getting paid!
i-to-i has teamed up with a reputable Beijing-based organization, TTC (Teach & Travel China), to provide you with the best of both worlds on this internship: top notch TEFL training from i-to-i and a reputable TEFL internship program in China from TTC!
Before You Set Off to China:
If you're not already qualified, i-to-i can provide you with extensive TEFL training, to make sure you're prepared for your first day in the classroom. i-to-i can provide you with:
* 140 hours of comprehensive TEFL training (you'll do your 20 hour Classroom Course in Beijing before your internship starts!)
* Expert tutor advice and tips from the i-to-i TEFL team
* Instructions on the next steps to complete your application for the TTC Program
Once you've sent your application form and documentation through to TTC, they'll work with you directly to organize your internship placement, sort your visa and make sure you have all the information you need to arrive in China full of confidence and ready to teach!
When You Arrive in China:
As an expert in organizing cultural programs in China, TTC's TEFL internship will give you the opportunity to spend an extended length of time in China, while also racking up those hours of real teaching experience.
Here's what you get:
* A reputable internship setup for you 5 months in China and over 200 hours of practical teaching experience
* 24/7 in-country support + local support. This is where you'll see the benefit of traveling on an internship program. TTC are there to support you during your placement, whatever should happen. You'll also have a local contact at your school to help you with any issues
* Monthly spending allowance. You'll receive a monthly allowance of 2,000RMB + a 2,500 RMB bonus from your school at the end of your internship. (roughly GBP 1,200* across the internship!) This allowance will be prorated (if you were to work half a month, for example, you'll receive half a month's allowance). It's important to note that the cost of living in China is considerably lower than that in western parts of the world - a bottle of mineral water can cost less than 5RMB
* Accommodation + food provided. You'll live in a private bedroom in shared accommodation and receive all meals Mon - Fri at your school
* Comprehensive 14 day orientation in Beijing. TTC will run you through the essentials of living and teaching in China, including in-depth presentations and workshops to ensure you're ready to start teaching in China. TTC will also provide you with all of your meals during this period
* 2 days of practical TEFL training. When you arrive in China, i-to-i will provide you with the 20-hour Classroom Course right in Beijing this way you can be sure that these essential, practical skills stay fresh in your memory!
* Fun Mandarin lessons. You'll have 9 hours of Mandarin lessons during your orientation to give you basic language skills to enjoy day-to-day life in China
* 2 day tour. Including chance to see the Great Wall, the Bird's Nest Olympic Stadium, Tiananmen Square and the Summer Palace, all wrapped up with a Peking Duck dinner and acrobatic show!
* Airport pick up and transfers to your school
* Full visa assistance. TTC will help arrange your visa for you, the visa fee is also included in the price of the internship!
* Optional end of internship trip to Tibet. Join your fellow interns on an exciting trip to Tibet - a great way to wrap up your time in China (there is an additional charge for this add-on)
* A network of new friends. You'll be joined by interns from the US, UK, CA, IE, AUS, NZ and you'll also definitely be placed with at least one other intern so you're not on your own - unless you want to be!
This figure is based currency conversion in July 2010
* 140 hours of TEFL training (i-to-i will provide this training to you if you're not already qualified).
* To be able to arrive in China in August 2013 and stay for 5 months
* To be a native English speaker
* To have completed high school/secondary school
* To be 18 years or older
* To hold a passport from one of the following countries: UK, USA, AU, IE, NZ or CA
You'll receive a monthly allowance, a bonus from your school at the end of your internship, meals and accommodation and more!
American, Australian, Canadian, European and Kiwi Participants.
Independently or in Groups
Independently or in Groups
If you speak English, you can learn how to teach English overseas through i-to-i's internationally recognized TEFL courses. i-to-i's TEFL courses ensure that you have all the teaching essentials necessary to effectively teach English abroad. With 18 years of TEFL experience, over 100,000 TEFL graduates and thousands of job contacts overseas, i-to-i can help you grasp the best paid opportunities teaching English in countless corners of the globe. We can also help you find your perfect TEFL job on our Jobs Board or through or supported internships in China, Thailand, Vietnam and Poland.
TEFL has opened my eyes to many things. I come from a family of teachers, with my older sister being an English teacher in a high school back home in the States. I always loved the atmosphere, the...More
Did you participate on a program with i-to-i TEFL Courses & TEFL Jobs Abroad?
Share your thoughts!