Nepal: Kathmandu, Pokhara, Rural Areas
5-8 Week, 9-12 Week, 3-6 Month
May - April
If you have no experience of teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL), you will need to take a short course in TEFL (an intensive weekend course would be the minimum requirement). A love of children and an ability to communicate skills and knowledge to them is essential. Our volunteers must also be mature, patient, tolerant and diplomatic.
Cost in US$:
From USD 640 for two months or more
- Written materials pre-departure
- In-country staff support
Program Fees Include:
* Placement at a school
* Support from a local HELP representative
* Written documentation about all aspects of working and living in your Himalayan community
*a pack of TEFL materials
* Full board and accommodation with a host family.
* A donation to this project and to other HELP-supported projects
The benefits are non-monetary: the pleasure of sharing your skills and money with a poor community, and the chance to live in a fascinating country and to trek in the Himalayas.
- Volunteers with no teaching experience can only be accepted with a TEFL certificate.
- English Teaching
- Health Care
- Health Education
Because these opportunities are best suited to mature people, our volunteers are likely to be (but not exclusively) from one of the following categories: working people taking a career break, retired people who are not yet ready to put their feet up, graduates wanting to have an adventure before starting their careers, students aged at least 19.
This Program is open to
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Couples and Individuals.
Typical Living Arrangements
Typically Participants Work
Application Process Involves
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Letters of Reference
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application
Typically The Application Process Time is
2 -4 weeks
Post Services Include
- Alumni Network