Beach cottages Beach cottages

Women's Empowerment Project in India

Great experience

The highlights of my trip was getting to meet such amazing people (both from GVI and the partners). Learning so much about the culture and the country. Most of all, seeing how every girl and every woman (even every man) felt happy, grateful and empowered!

My review about women empowerment project in India with GVI

Getting to meet such amazing people (both from GVI and the partners). Learning so much about the culture and the country. Most of all, seeing how every girl and every woman (even every man) felt happy, grateful and empowered!

Enjoyable

The Brit Fort discussion group was definitely a highlight. PB each week was also very enjoyable.

Sharing experiences

My most positive experience was going to the different project sites and being helpful and meeting different people and sharing experiences with them.

The opportunity to help improve the lives of the girls at PB

I loved having the opportunity to help improve the lives of the girls at PB. They all have such amazing potential, they just need the opportunities to see that in themselves. The fact that me and other volunteers have been able to help them realise that just a little bit makes me incredibly happy and grateful. I've also loved meeting lots of new people and experienced a different culture.

I loved all the projects

I loved all the projects, meeting lots of different people from around the world and getting to feel comfortable in a completely different country.

I enjoyed my time

I enjoyed my time with GVI a lot, it was great to volunteer and live with like-minded people. Also as a single young woman I always felt safe where we were situated and even on side trips, it was nice to stay in a foreign place for three months whilst working to really get to know, not only the people you are helping but the locals and the local culture.