Volunteer with Turtles in Greece

Highly recommended

The whole experience was fantastic! It was the first time I had traveled alone. I will definitely be recommending GVI to friends! Visiting a new country while contributing to a worthy cause is something that really makes it different. I also really enjoyed making lots of new friends!

Once in a lifetime

Because I arrived at the start of the field season, the camp wasn't set up when we arrived and we went a number of days before we had a schedule for work shifts, etc... made it a bit confusing for the first few days until everyone knew what was going on.

What made this a good experience was working with locals in public education initiatives, exploring a beautiful location, once in a lifetime wildlife sightings.

I loved it!

I simply enjoyed the project as a whole. Our team was always very positive and ready to help.

I enjoyed it so much

I loved how great this experience turned out to be. I loved the people I met, the food I ate, the places I visited, the volunteer work I did, I loved absolutely every aspect. It was nice to do it through GVI because of all the pre-departure support and it gave you peace of mind knowing things were all arranged at camp.

I would go an another GVI program because I enjoyed this one so much.

Superb!

Most positive: seeing the nests successfully hatch, knowing that I had contributed to an important project and coming away with a better understanding of myself. Most enjoyed: the whole experience the chance to do something very different with my life in a very positive way

It is a superb way of doing some positive work whilst meeting new people and having a break from the humdrum life at home.

• The Adventure

Worthwhile, memorable, and enjoyable

Overall a very positive experience and I can't think of anything on that particular project that needs improving.

The sense of doing something worthwhile while at the same time having both a very memorable and enjoyable experience not to mention meeting lots of other like minded people. The project manager (Neil) was excellently organised and a wealth of information and this contributed greatly to the program and the overall experience.

I'd use GVI again because both the home and away supports were excellent and it allows the single traveller to travel with peace of mind.

Very rewarding

I love way the project is run and the passion team leaders/coordinators show for their project. The ability to focus and work as a team on one goal was plain awesome. This is very rewarding to know the work is making a difference.

View detailed rating

A great way to make a difference

I don't even know where to start.. I have always wanted to travel and with traveling do volunteer work and this was my first project so this trip has been life changing. The people were incredible and being able to see another country and their culture was amazing.

This is such a great way to make a difference. As a college student the prices were a little steep but its going to such great causes all around the world and I have told many others about this organization hoping to influence others to volunteer because of all the positive things you get from doing projects, mentally, physically, and emotionally.

This is amazing!

Being able to participate in GVI's volunteer program gave me more than what I have expected for. Everything was so organized and the staff had able to lead us in every activities we did from day one to the last. Meeting new and interesting people from around the world was one of the best things, aside from working with the turtles.

I would definitely join another program of GVI because the experience is all worth it!

Incredible!

I loved all the people in our group! Working with other young people from all over the world was incredible. I was very satisfied with the overall experience.

I learned a lot

What I liked most about participating in turtle program was opportunity to get knowledge about turtles and their behaviour. I also loved living in group of people from different countries, who taught me about their culture and life style. I also learned a lot about myself, especially about my weaknesses.

Well-organised and well-run

The most positive experiences were when actually doing volunteer work, so working with nests and in particular actually getting to work with the hatchling turtles. All these things gave a sense that you were actually doing something to help the project and of course the turtles rather than just being on holiday.

From talking to other volunteers the program seems to be much more enjoyable and a lot more can be done when there is transport available, so that on days off trips can be made to interesting and diverse places that can't be reached by foot or bike, it also reduces the cost of travelling by taxi for the volunteers that is a deterent for travelling around the area.

The programme I took part on was well organised and well run, so I have faith that the other projects would be equally so.

Really positive

The most positive experiences were the times when we actually got to see the turtles. I most enjoyed the people! Interacting with everybody while completing our duties truly forged bonding within the camp.

The relationships I made with fellow volunteers, and the chance to work with conservation of endangered species are my main reasons that I'll probably do the program again in the future!