Beach cottages Beach cottages

Volunteer with Turtles in Greece

Amazing experience with GVI Greece

I loved being able to meet people from all over the world who are all there for the same reason. The most enjoyable part of my experience was seeing a female loggerhead turtle make her nest and lay her eggs.

A fantastic experience I will never forget

Meeting the lovely volunteers and field staff. Everyone was willing to muck in. Obviously finding turtle nests, tracks, and hatchling tracks was amazing and I felt like we were positively contributing to the protection of sea turtles.

I made a difference

Meeting the team on the first day and growing very close over the 2 weeks. Seeing a turtle building its nest and returning to the see on my night shift was also incredible and I may never see that again.

Best experience ever!

For me, the best experience was contributing towards a worthwhile cause and learning about how my contribution made an impact across the world. Also, another great experience was meeting so many people from across the world that all had similar interests as me.

Good food, new friends

I had a great time in Greece. I met new friends with the same interested and passion as me. The meal was to die for especially when Neil Davis is the one cooking. :) Overall, the food was good, better when I able to share it with my friends in the GVI program!

My 2-week GVI experience

My two-week volunteer experience in Greece with GVI was rewarding. I enjoyed seeing the turtles as it showed how much our work would help them. I am happy that I made a difference in a short period of time.

AMAZING experience with GVI Greece

Pretty much every experience I had with GVI was a positive one. It was amazing meeting everyone who had come from all across the world to be there and the leaders were all incredibly helpful and fun to talk to. I really felt like I was making a difference with the work I was doing and I really felt welcome and safe in that amazing environment. Everything about that trip was mind-blowing but if I were to pick a highlight, it has to be witnessing the release of Kanela, the injured sea turtle. That single moment seemed to sum up everything we were there to do and I was over come by emotions I can not even begin to describe. I can tell you now GVI, you are doing an amazing job.

My GVI experience

My experience with GVI program in Greece was great! I loved the people i met there. Also the thought that I know that what i was doing there really mattered. I enjoyed the morning surveys, the abundance of free time, and the once-a-week dinner out.

My experience with GVI in Greece!

I enjoyed learning about the conservation of the turtles and the importance of it. I mostly enjoyed the excavations and helping the turtles to the sea, even though I got to do this twice in the 2 weeks I was there. I also enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and making great friendships with those people.

Hurray to new-found friends!

The group camaraderie! The fact that all these people from across the world, who in any other circumstance would never have met, being brought together due to a shared interest, and the fact we were actually making a difference.

All Fantastic and Amazing

I had the best time in Greece by volunteering with GVI! Certainly meeting likeminded people and helping the hatchlings was an amazing experience aside from being at the beach everyday. It was all fantastic and amazing at the same time.

Great experience!

The ability to help but also relax is one of the best qualities of this GVI program. Being with the community and making me feel like I am part of them was also amazing, there was no gap between volunteers and the locals and GVI staff. We also get a variety in duties and responsibilities.

I was expecting basic but it was better than I had anticipated. I accompanied my daughter on the trip as she was desperate to go and she was only 17. I had a blast! I am so glad that I have had this opportunity and only wish I had done it sooner. I would definitely recommend GVI to others and would feel happy to send my daughter on future projects knowing she would be well supported. Thank you GVI. Keep up the good work.

Volunteering with GVI is worth it

Having the opportunity to travel to Greece, meet new people from all over the world, receive thanks from various members of the public, protecting the turtle nests and seeing hatchlings crawl out their shell is just amazing! I'm glad I've able to make a difference.

Absolutely Life-Changing

I met so many amazing friends from all around the world and once again proved to myself that nature is one of the things I would like to connect my career with in the future. This was absolutely life-changing.

WONDERFUL! AMAZING!

Being so up close to the work - managing the nests, seeing hatchlings, being involved in relocation and excavation - and therefore feeling we make a tangible difference. I also met some wonderful like minded people and shared some life changing time with them. I cannot stop talking about this with my friends and work colleagues.

Fun and great experience

Cedric and Cordelia where brilliant. The volunteer program that I participated is well organised and very professional, In those two weeks, i had the best time of my life and I really made a difference! I enjoyed all of it a lot!

Highly recommended

The whole experience was fantastic! It was the first time I had traveled alone. I will definitely be recommending GVI to friends! Visiting a new country while contributing to a worthy cause is something that really makes it different. I also really enjoyed making lots of new friends!

Once in a lifetime

Because I arrived at the start of the field season, the camp wasn't set up when we arrived and we went a number of days before we had a schedule for work shifts, etc... made it a bit confusing for the first few days until everyone knew what was going on.

What made this a good experience was working with locals in public education initiatives, exploring a beautiful location, once in a lifetime wildlife sightings.

I loved it!

I simply enjoyed the project as a whole. Our team was always very positive and ready to help.

I enjoyed it so much

I loved how great this experience turned out to be. I loved the people I met, the food I ate, the places I visited, the volunteer work I did, I loved absolutely every aspect. It was nice to do it through GVI because of all the pre-departure support and it gave you peace of mind knowing things were all arranged at camp.

I would go an another GVI program because I enjoyed this one so much.

Superb!

Most positive: seeing the nests successfully hatch, knowing that I had contributed to an important project and coming away with a better understanding of myself. Most enjoyed: the whole experience the chance to do something very different with my life in a very positive way

It is a superb way of doing some positive work whilst meeting new people and having a break from the humdrum life at home.

• The Adventure

Worthwhile, memorable, and enjoyable

Overall a very positive experience and I can't think of anything on that particular project that needs improving.

The sense of doing something worthwhile while at the same time having both a very memorable and enjoyable experience not to mention meeting lots of other like minded people. The project manager (Neil) was excellently organised and a wealth of information and this contributed greatly to the program and the overall experience.

I'd use GVI again because both the home and away supports were excellent and it allows the single traveller to travel with peace of mind.

Very rewarding

I love way the project is run and the passion team leaders/coordinators show for their project. The ability to focus and work as a team on one goal was plain awesome. This is very rewarding to know the work is making a difference.

A great way to make a difference

I don't even know where to start.. I have always wanted to travel and with traveling do volunteer work and this was my first project so this trip has been life changing. The people were incredible and being able to see another country and their culture was amazing.

This is such a great way to make a difference. As a college student the prices were a little steep but its going to such great causes all around the world and I have told many others about this organization hoping to influence others to volunteer because of all the positive things you get from doing projects, mentally, physically, and emotionally.