Beach cottages Beach cottages

Volunteer with Lions in South Africa

I enjoyed them very much!

The Team's High Standard Delivery of Drives, sharing knowledge, communicating direction, how well the new volunteers have been embraced into the group. I enjoyed them very much!

Even with a program of only 2 weeks I learned a lot

I loved the trip to the reptile center and the training during the first week. Even with a program of only 2 weeks I learned a lot about wildlife behavior and conservation. In my opinion that is a very positive (and of course I got to see plenty of wildlife).

It convinced me to oriente my studies toward wildlife management

My most positive experiences were to approach the cheetahs, to be able to see this wonderful animal in its real and wild environment. Being able to get close, even by car, of the lions, was also amazing. But I think the most positive part of this experience for me was that it convinced me to oriente my studies toward wildlife management (being already a bachelor graduate in international management, I'm about to start a master for which I intend to write my master thesis on wildlife management and organisations such as yours.

It was an enjoyable experience

It was an enjoyable experience. I enjoyed feeling involved and part of the research that was going on. It was also very enjoyable to live in the reserve and feel so close to the animals all the time.