Beach cottages Beach cottages

Thailand Conservation Service Learning Course for Groups

Best aspects of the project

The orphanage and Camillian center are two of the best aspects of the project as your actually making a difference when going on a hike taking photos of different species doesn't really feel like what your doing is worth while.

I loved being able to travel

My most positive experience in Thailand with GVI as the organizer was being able to travel on weekends, it was amazing but it took away from my opportunities to give back to the community. I loved being able to travel.

The most beautiful experience

The most beautiful experience in Thailand and with GVI was to stay with the kids and spent time with all of them. The volunteers house/ accommodation is to basic for me. More comfort will be recommendable.

I felt like I was helping a good cause and had a great time as well

It was amazing to see the positive impact GVIs work had on the local community, such as teaching the school children science and playing football with them - even seeing a local join in with a beach clean. I mostly enjoyed sharing this experience with the people around me, and having the time off on the weekends to explore the country.

Could not fault a single thing!

My most positive experience was how thorough the training was and how knowledgable everyone was. The accommodation was fantastic as so was the food as well. GVI is a well organised, well trusted company.

I enjoyed the family atmosphere I experienced there

I enjoyed the family atmosphere I experienced there. The staff and the volunteers all became my friends and I was accepted into the group almost immediately. I enjoyed the turtle cleaning and basic husbandry we took part in, it was an experience I doubt I will able to do again in the near future if at all.

Brilliant

Without a doubt, Jolyon Briggs, Anna Lavery, Holly Briggs and Sophie Lemberger made my experience brilliant, these staff members were definitely one of the highlights of my experience. Furthermore, the project activities themselves were brilliant, who can't love going in rainforests and seeing countless turtles! Everything about this project exceeded my expectations and it was just perfect from beginning to end.

Unique and filled with extraordinary people

My most positive experience was working with the staff and staying in a more remote and less touristy area. The town, Baan Nam Khem, was unique and the people extraordinary.

I have now had two very different and wonderful GVI experiences. I think that the work the organization is doing can have a profound affect on both volunteers and the communities they are working with.

You get a good feeling volunteering

My most positive experience was visiting the children on group projects and being part of conservation. It was nice to experience other volunteer work placement everyday.

You get a good feeling volunteering, wish I could do more if money wasn't as big of factor

A very authentic experience of Thailand

I enjoyed working with the children and having a very authentic experience of Thailand in an actual community where tourism isn't prominent.

The accommodation was a big issue for me - if staying somewhere more comfortable I would consider it. Also, I didn't feel like there was a lot of down time.